Jeep Sales Expected to Grow by 20 Percent Overseas Says Brand's CEO - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
Cherokee SRT8 News This section contains news relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 as well as site news. Only administrators may START threads in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Jeep Sales Expected to Grow by 20 Percent Overseas Says Brand's CEO

Jeep is one of the few American vehicle brands that has true international appeal. Outside of North America, Jeeps are popular in Europe and also parts of the Pacific Rim.

And in 2009, Jeep sold a total of 60,888 vehicles in international markets. So far, this year, the brand shows signs of besting that total by a considerable margin 67,029 had been sold from January to November 2010, a 22 percent increase in demand over the same period a year earlier.

Jeep brand CEO Mike Manley, said that he expects demand to increase still further and is looking for around 20 percent growth in sales outside of North America, spurred by the updated 2011 Grand Cherokee and Compass models.

Manley also said that "diesel engines are expected to account for 20 to 30 percent of Jeep sales outside of North America, with most of the diesels being sold in Europe."

Every Jeep model sold outside North America will offer a diesel option, the Patriot (shown here in UK spec form, recently got a new diesel motor), while the new Grand Cherokee is slated to receive one in March 2011.

More: Jeep Sales Expected to Grow by 20 Percent Overseas Says Brand's CEO on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Has Been

Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,003 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
To be honest I was not aware that jeeps were so internationally popular. Thanks for sharing the article, definitely interesting.

................||John S.||................
Daily Driver: 2007 SBM Jeep SRT8 - Slow
Garage Queen: 2013 GT500 -
Black on Black with SVTPP - 768HP 743TQ
Previous: 2009 Brilliant Black Twin Turbo Jeep SRT8 - 1100+HP 900+TQ
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Just had mine serviced and had a Patriot diesel as a loaner. Quite torquey but not a very refined unit. I think a replacement diesel is to come soon! I think the current engine is sourced from VW.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps043 View Post
To be honest I was not aware that jeeps were so internationally popular. Thanks for sharing the article, definitely interesting.
Well, the Beijing Jeep 2500, 4000/4700 is basically the Jeep Cherokee (XJ) which was produced from 1984 to 2001 in the USA. This pic was taken in 2007 in China, not sure if they are still manufacturing them but they were in high demand in China for years, that's why the tooling went there.

A few XJ owners would try and get parts from them...

Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg  

2010 Cherokee SRT8 [Sold]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode