Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Makes 707-HP!

10K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  Apps 
#1 ·

Dodge’s upcoming monster of a muscle car will be more powerful than some of the most exclusive supercars in the world.

Official ratings for the SRT Challenger and Charger put the car at 707 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque, making it considerably more powerful than its exotic sibling: the SRT Viper. The SRT halo car makes 640 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque with a massive 8.4-liter V10, but it’s hard to care now that Chrysler will sell you a blown V8 that makes it look downright wimpy.

In fact, the SAE ratings mean that the steroidal challenger is not only more powerful than the Shelby GT500, but also the ultra-exclusive Lamborghini Aventador along with a long list of other high-priced exotics.

Dealers will begin taking delivery of the new Challenger later this year with two key fobs: a black version that “limits” output to 500 hp and a red version that unleashes the car’s full power.
Read the complete story on the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#3 ·
#7 ·
And then we tune it back up with mods!! Love to see this in a 2016 jeep SRT

#8 ·
I think this is great to finally have a high horsepower motor out. I am also looking forward to seeing some track numbers so all my cobra buddies can get but sore.

#11 ·
I want to see it in a regular cab pickup with an auto trans and a 4 link in the rear that will actually hook... a nice set of 345s in the rear!!

Reactions: mondo
#22 ·
Street legal drag radials.

Sent from a place

Reactions: BT76
#24 ·
My dealer / sales guy called me on the release of this car a few weeks back. He said they will get 1 car for sure, 2 maybe this year, starting close to Christmas. He told me they would sell it at MSRP which is slated in around 70-75k CAD. There was apparently one guy on the waiting list (first right of refusal with a refundable deposit) then. I was tempted, but unfortunately I’m still only in the market for a year round driver. 707HP in the snow…. Um,,, that could be fun no?!

#26 ·
Doooo it!!! It will be a rare car around here and I could see it being marked up by the dealer.

#27 ·
We can only dream about this car in the land down under, as for some reason they will not export the Charger to Australia. Maybe i will be able to see this horse power in the 2016 Jeep, but until then it`s Dream land for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.