Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2014 Brake Squeal TSB

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  george10.5 
#1 ·
I've got 2mm left on the pads for my 2014 (20k miles) and the shop says they can't shave the rotors because they are lipped. I also have brake squeal pretty bad and I read on here there was a TSB for brake squeal. A few questions...

1. Are rotors covered under factory warranty?
2. What does the TSB actually fix? Anyone get free pads or rotors due to TSB?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I used the brake squeal TSB to get free front rotors at 16k miles. I just paid for new front pads as these are not covered by the TSB. Take the TSB with you and see if it works with your SA. I heard guys are having trouble getting this done after 12k miles.

#10 ·
I just learned of this TSB and the dealership is telling me that my JGC SRT8 that I purchased in January 2015 (received on Feb,19th 2015) does not qualify under this TSB? Are they just being jerks? mind you... i didn't buy my SRT at this dealership and they ask those questions before telling me it wouldn't be covered.

#11 ·
If you only have 2mm left on the pads the metal wear tabs are what squeals to let you know the pads are getting low/need replacing. With s flat blade screw driver you can bend them up to give you more clearance hence no more squeal. Just be careful not to bend them to far otherwise you'll run out of pad then metal on metal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.