Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Brembo Rotors and Pads

49K views 56 replies 28 participants last post by  Vanguard 
#1 · (Edited)
for WK2.

ROTORS: OEM, Cross Drilled, or Slotted. Must be Brembo brand. Are any vendors offering a discount? I'm currently looking at CarID and Autoanything.

PADS: OEM Brembo preferred. I do not want aftermarket pads that sacrifice even 1/10% performance. Are any vendors offering discounts on Brembo? Are there any alternatives that are equal to or better than the Brembo?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I'm considering Hawk now if they have anything equal to or better than stock braking. I don't care about brake dust

Reactions: RBugnitz
#2 ·
#4 ·
Update: For shits and giggles I called my local dealer. They quoted me for $130 per axle for OEM pads and $262 for front rotors (set) and $245 (set) for rear. I couldn't believe it.

Online front Brembo pads are over $400 and rotors are over $400. I talked to the parts department and the service department. Both confirmed prices against my vin number. I have an appointment Tuesday to get them installed. If anyone wants to know the dealer I'm not saying until I get mine done lol. Knowing my luck, people will call bringing attention to the matter resulting in a price correction. I still have my doubts so we will see

Only reason I was going to buy cross drilled or slotted was because the price was so similar to OEM rotors.

#5 ·
Update: For shits and giggles I called my local dealer. They quoted me for $130 per axle for OEM pads and $262 for front rotors (set) and $245 (set) for rear. I couldn't believe it.
Wow that sounds too good to be true, as thats pretty low for OEM thru dealer. But hopefully thats the real deal! I was also going a different route with pads/rotors due to price but would be nice to stick with OEM. But keep us posted brother, but im tempted to call my dealer and see what kind of outrageous quote they give me just to confirm. I hate my local dealer tho:thefinger: LOL

#8 ·
^ I'll answer this on both sites for reference.

My appointment is moved to Thursday. My wife wasn't able to drop our 6 month off at daycare so I had to. Service adviser confirmed parts are in so let's see what happens *fingers crossed*

#10 ·
Do you really need rotors. I believe they will machine them at least once under warranty. This is what I have had in the past with other vehicles. Not to sure how Chrysler deals with warranty stuff though.

Reactions: dirtrcr
#11 · (Edited)
My dealers (2) will not machine Brembo rotors. Brembo recommends replacement only.

I just called the dealer to triple check before I waste time bringing it in tomorrow morning. Otherwise I am ordering cross drilled rotors and then using their OEM pads.

UPDATE: Thanks for the heads up. You're right. It's per wheel. Parts guy is full of shit. I'm ordering cross drilled today and using their pads

#13 · (Edited)
The gold definitely comes off immediately. No worries there. I was warned against EBC by someone who actually sells them.

I just got autoanything to match CarIDs price. Total came out to $868.40 for front and rear Brembo cross drilled rotors

#16 ·
Just curious as to why some of you are spending a few hundred dollars more for rotors and not going with r1 concepts who sells them cheaper.

#18 ·
I refuse to do anything that will sacrifice performance in the name of saving money. That goes for tires, brakes, etc.

Not going to name names but I will say this. A guy I know who deals with EBC, R1, etc. said they are good rotors, but not up to par with Brembo standards. Whether or not that is true is up for debate. By the savings are not big enough. I bought a WK2 SRT jeep knowing it's an expensive maintenance vehicle. I'll shop around within proper parts, but I'm not willing to go down.

Please don't take my post the wrong way. No disrespect intended.

#17 ·
IDK I went to their site and it was kind of confusing. I did not know the differences between the styles of rotors and I did not feel like figuring it out. So I only looked at their site for about 30/40 secs. I got the EBC for about $400 front and like $160 rears. Unfortunately no EBC pads available :(

#31 ·
I just had OEM brakes installed with Brembo Drilled rotors on all 4 corners. Will let you guys know in a few thousand miles what I think. Obviously the stopping power will be the same. Only reason I got drilled rotors was because they look good. Can't imagine brembos cracking. But wellll see.

#32 ·
can anybody let me know what are the corresponding brake pad kits (part number) for below rotors (as earlier mentioned)?

Brembo Sport Drilled Rotors
Front Rotor Set
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
(SRT-8)
Part #: 33S50217

Brembo Sport Drilled Rotors
Rear Rotor Set
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
(SRT-8)
Part #: 33S50218

#36 ·
I'd be weary of stress cracking on the drill holes, even if only cosmetic, due to the constant heating/cooling. That is why I opted for dimpled rotors instead. Couldn't deal with potentially looking at cracks later on.

#38 ·
reviving this thread out of frustration. took my 2014 in to Love Field Jeep in Dallas. they quoted me $1,650+ for two new OEM front rotors and OEM pads on all four corners. Rear rotors look okay they said. I asked how much for the rotors and he says $320 each. weird because while I was waiting on the shuttle (before i got the quote call) I asked the parts counter how much for SRT rotors and he quoted me $144 each for front and $153 each rear. Service guy says that was for pads not rotors...but I stood in front of the parts guy for 10 minutes while he looked it all up so either he's an idiot or the service guy is marking up parts big time. So I'm going to pick up the Jeep now and take it else where cause I just can't trust this dealership anymore. I told the service guy I was frustrated with always getting different answers from them and that I had been in way too much for a $70k vehicle. Asked him to look it up....14 times since 2/2014 and 54 days of "in service"....that must mean in the shop or waiting on parts cause I never left it there more than a day or two.

sorry for the rant but I'm pissed.

my question to you guys that bought the Brembo rotors and pads....how much did it cost to get all installed and brake fluid flush?

I just won't go back to this Jeep dealer anymore..too frickin flaky. Any DFW folks out there I'd love to hear from you on where you are getting your brakes done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.