Can body roll be eliminated or JGC SRT? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By J-Cooz
  • 3 Post By LI-SRT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Can body roll be eliminated or JGC SRT?

We're ready to pull the trigger on the JGC SRT. Love the looks, in & out; the towing capacity; the launches, the braking power; the SRT8 community. Love everything except the handling.

On a launch, the SRT seems to pitch the mass of the vehicle excessively rearward and too much to the outside wheels on a turn. Brake dive isn't too bad. Yes, we realize this is a 5300 lb SUV but we're cross shopping (used) Cayenne Turbos and ML63 AMGs. The SRT doesn't have the lag of those turbos and we like the look of the SRT better. Shockingly the Mrs. likes the SRT sepia interior better than the Porsche and on par with the MB. In our minds, the SRT is the one to get, if we can get the handling sorted.

We've driven the stock SRTs but never a modified one. Can body roll be eliminated?

Oh, and we want to be able to tow as well! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunscented View Post
We're ready to pull the trigger on the JGC SRT. Love the looks, in & out; the towing capacity; the launches, the braking power; the SRT8 community. Love everything except the handling.

On a launch, the SRT seems to pitch the mass of the vehicle excessively rearward and too much to the outside wheels on a turn. Brake dive isn't too bad. Yes, we realize this is a 5300 lb SUV but we're cross shopping (used) Cayenne Turbos and ML63 AMGs. The SRT doesn't have the lag of those turbos and we like the look of the SRT better. Shockingly the Mrs. likes the SRT sepia interior better than the Porsche and on par with the MB. In our minds, the SRT is the one to get, if we can get the handling sorted.

We've driven the stock SRTs but never a modified one. Can body roll be eliminated?

Oh, and we want to be able to tow as well! Thanks

Did you drive it in track mode? The suspension is quite stiff and eliminates a lot of body roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
5000XD and cmdwolf like this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:02 AM

i beggg to difffer !!

altho ive done a few modd's but as soon as you lock her dwn in track mode my rigg is pretty tight !

ive done

mopar lower springs
20mm hubcentric spacers all round
strut tower bar

and i keep a serious coat of wax on her for aerodynamics

Neil
Passmg2, theunscented and cmdwolf like this.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Thread Derailer

Thanked 1,225 Times in 847 Posts
I put the Eibachs on and it takes care of any subtle body roll you are referring to while maintaining a nice ride. Takes that high arse end attitude away.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:09 PM

Mopar springs and Bwoody goodies will do the trick.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the thoughtful responses. To be fair I didn't do a launch control, full to the floor launch out of respect for some one else's (dealer's) vehicle. Maybe I should have. But I also didn't do it in the other vehicles I tested.

Bwoody goodies? What mods? So in track mode, I can expect the body roll to be elimintated? How do aftermarket parts affect the factory modes? Do you guys still tow?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunscented View Post
Thanks for the thoughtful responses. To be fair I didn't do a launch control, full to the floor launch out of respect for some one else's (dealer's) vehicle. Maybe I should have. But I also didn't do it in the other vehicles I tested.

Bwoody goodies? What mods? So in track mode, I can expect the body roll to be elimintated? How do aftermarket parts affect the factory modes? Do you guys still tow?
If you get the eibach or mopar springs, you won't really need the camber kit or ball joints but you'll want the sway links and rear CAs in this kit:

BWoody WK2 Alignment Package (stage 2), 2012 - Present Jeep SRT-8 | BWP Automotive Concepts
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:05 PM

When I bought my Jeep (used) it came with Eibach lowering springs on it. The wheels were also cambered in quite a bit. The thing was GLUED to the road with very and i mean VERY little body roll. BUT...the camber change was extremely obvious and I didn't want to devour tires so I had it brought out as far as possible without hitting the fenders.

Body roll is noticeable now but still very impressive for this size vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
body roll, handling, srt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode