Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Mopar's Suspension Lowering Kit

193K views 626 replies 78 participants last post by  GroceryGTR 
#1 ·
As noted in a previous thread, here's the thread for the Mopar Suspension Lowering Kit. The part # is 77072328 and cost is $275.00.

My experience so far: Called local dealer and they had no clue. They referred me to Chrysler. Decided to call SRT and they had no clue. They transferred me over to the Mopar Tech Line. They also had no clue. They were going to look into it further and call me back. No word yet from them.

SRTGH has received some info. His Jeep dealer said that the drop was 1.6"F/2.0"R.

If that info is correct, that's a pretty aggressive drop in the front. Similar to Road Magnet's drop kit of 1.8"F/2.8"R.

I would imagine that a set of four springs from a dealer would cost more than $275.

-Ruben

#2 ·
It would be great if somebody else could get a dealer to confirm the pricing and drop specs.

I am leaning towards the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 295/40 on stock 20" rims so I am thinking this drop would be fine but I would be curious what other people think.

#3 ·
SRTGH - My dealer confirmed the price but had no spec info. I don't know if I can go that low with my winter set up of 275/45 x 20 (Hakkas). It's a taller wheel than the 295/40 and it may rub. I may have to go with the Eibach kit.

#6 ·
Ouch, I was quoted $100 less than that in Edmonton.

#9 ·
Ok. So I suspect this kit is a rebranded Eibach. As the stats are similar

#11 ·
0.75 front/1.3 rear is what I was told.

Reactions: R_Rod20
#13 ·
0.75 front/1.3 rear is what I was told.
^ sounds to me like they might be using the Eibach parts and private labeling them. I'm pressure manufacturers have done this in the past
I know for the Ram 1500 the Mopar intake was a rebranded AEM. And the Mopar Catback was a rebranded Corsa.

Anyone in the US want to contact Eibach and see if they'll spill the beans.

I wonder if the Mopar kit is based on Eibach old kit or new 2015+

Reactions: a-kon
#16 ·
I called another parts guy I know at another dealership to see what he can find out

#17 ·
Mopar lowering kit for srt grand cherokee

I work for a jeep dealer had a customer call about this issue and seen that no one would either help or try to help with figuring out the size of the drop so i went ahead and did some research and i just got off the phone with mopar specifying and they told me that part number 77072328 drops the front 3/4'' and 1'' rear. I hope this clears up all the issues for you guys. And from the dealer the part is $280 but i also talked to our master tech at my shop and he also recommended that he would also buy the camber bolts to correct any toe/camber issue you might have with this drop and any drop for that matter. Mopar life!!!

#19 ·
I work for a jeep dealer had a customer call about this issue and seen that no one would either help or try to help with figuring out the size of the drop so i went ahead and did some research and i just got off the phone with mopar specifying and they told me that part number 77072328 drops the front 3/4'' and 1'' rear. I hope this clears up all the issues for you guys. And from the dealer the part is $280 but i also talked to our master tech at my shop and he also recommended that he would also buy the camber bolts to correct any toe/camber issue you might have with this drop and any drop for that matter. Mopar life!!!
I guess he rounded down from 1.3" to 1". :D Regardless, I'm glad that there is a lowering kit offered by Mopar and also knowing that it is covered under warranty. :D

#22 ·
So I went to order these from my dealer, to have installed while they are replacing the blown shocks under warranty (to offset some installing cost). They told me they are labeled as '14-'16 lowering springs, not '12+.

Any idea why they wouldn't fit a '13? Was there suspension changes made between model years?

#26 ·
Just found them on the mopar Canada site. Dealers said they will match any pricing.

Now just trying to track down my $100.00 free gift letter for all the recalls... LOL

moparpartscanada.ca/oe-mopar/77072328

Reactions: ChaseU
#29 ·
Anyone have pic of this kit installed?? interested on how it looks.

#32 ·
That goes back to the original debate of what drop Mopar is actually selling. I would prefer the drop of the Eibach over Mopar's 1.0" if the 1.0" is correct. From what I have read, people were not excited about the 1.0" drop and I would personally not be concerned about a warranty issue over 0.3". I am going to install in conjunction with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 after another 4,000 miles on the original tires- if I can wait that long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.