Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Billy boat exhaust?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mike c 
#1 ·
Anyone have this cat back on their jeep? They claim no drone. Just traded in my 2008 SRT8 that had both a borla and a solo exhaust for a 2017. The borla sounded great but the drone got to me after a few years and I switched to the tunable solo. No drone with the solo. Trying to decide between magnaflow and the billy boat. Billy boat claims no drone. Any info appreciated.

Part Number: FTRU-0315

#3 ·
Mike - by no means am I a professional when it comes to fluid dynamics but I can tell you your better off leaving the stock exhaust. I have a 17 as well, truthfully I think the boys at SRT did a great job in the stock exhaust note. I did finally meet up with a guy with a 17 GC that had a magnaflow cat back, I can tell you that the magna is actually quieter then my stock exhaust. For whatever reason it sounds more muted and when 4 cyl modes kicks in be ready to throw up in a hand bag from drone.

#4 ·
That's what I'm concerned with. I read some negatives about billy boat in general and was hoping to see some actual experience with our trucks. That being said the borla s is back in my possible column. I read it's quieter than the s or stinger style muffler I had on my 2008. It sounded great but the drone. And that truck did not have the cylinder deactivation. I may just keep it stock like you said, I'm not looking for any hp gains. Just a little more growl.

Thanks for your input

Mike

#5 ·
Went with the Kooks cat back, part #34104200.
Like fact it uses stock tips and limited info I can find it should hopefully sound the way I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.