Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

MDesign Carbon Fiber Intake

13K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  X Pilot 
#1 ·
Been waiting 4+ months for this intake and its about to be released. KOWSRT on instagram was the test mule. The filter is inside that large tubular housing and is completely sealed off and coated in heat resistant tape. The other tube apparently goes down below where the stock airbox was.

KOWSRT said:
The design is flawless, super light CF, and the filter box is 100% sealed and if you look inside, the inner walls are lined with a heat resistant 3m film! From a complete stop I realized the pickup was much quicker and more immediate. As opposed to a sluggish takeoff with an exposed filter
PreOrder: 6.4L HEMI 2012-16 Jeep SRT8 ? Carbon Cold Air Intake ?

See less See more
Reactions: bxcharger
#4 ·
I have a pre-order in and Ive been thinking.... Not sure if I like the idea of "3M lining on the inside of the tube"... What if the adhesive fails and pieces blow into the TB? Secondly.. What is this thing attaching too in the stock box location? Looking at those pictures, its just an open ended tube?

#5 ·
Good points. I would email them directly and ask. I think it is an open ended tube where the stock box sat. I dont see any other pieces in the pics

#8 ·
Here is the response the wonderful gentlemen sent me:

Thank you for contacting us. I will address your concerns in order.

1. We have logged more than 100,000 miles on our system without any cleaning intervals and have noticed no issues to the filter and carbon fiber housing. The 3M heat-shield lining used is military and aerospace grade which is not only secure with military and aerospace grade adhesive, it is also secured by the end caps of the cave on fiber filter making it an impossibility of failing. Furthermore, the lining is located on the carbon fiber heat-shielding only, before the air filter, and as the shielding can not physically make it past the filter it is physically impossible for a blow out to occur.

2. The Carbon Cold Air Intake feeds cool, ambient air through the OEM location. The carbon fiber tube is inserted through our CAD designed inlet in order for a complete seal.

let me seek out this "Inlet"...

#12 ·
I was really intrigued with this intake, I read good things about their stuff so I jumped on this one.
Especially for the discounted price ($380) and free shipping! use fallship for the coupon code

Once I find an awd dyno in south Houston I will get some numbers for before and after

Reactions: SRTCZECH
#17 · (Edited)
When did you order yours? How long did it take for you to receive it? I still haven't gotten mine... :frown2:

#19 ·
Nov. 20 for me order 177. Just tracked it and looks like it's out for delivery today! I will have it on and pics posted sometime this weekend

#25 ·
Mine came in last night so as promised I took a butt load of pics.
I have a lot more of some other details.
Those of you that are wondering how you clean it you can see there is an Allen screw (3 actually) holding the ends together. When it needs cleaning you simply disassemble the ends and clean it with a cotton filter kit. I would prefer a dry filter but with proper prep oiled filters are just fine.

Attachments

#28 ·
We will see what happens when I dyno it stock and then with the intake on the same day. Im also looking for better intake temps than stock, I'll forgo some flow for colder air.

I took the canister apart and attached pics so you can see the size of the filter.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.