Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2014 WK2 Turbo Build!!

44K views 370 replies 35 participants last post by  Spider Monkey 
#1 ·
What is up guys. I know the forums are not as active as they were in years past during the WK1 days.....but I wanted to let you guys know about my turbo build! I will be documenting everything from fabrication to installation to dyno tuning to drag racing on my YouTube Channel. Would really mean a lot if you guys could subscribe to the channel and like the videos! AD Motorsports will be doing the build and the truck is already there! : ) Truck already ran a 12.83 @ 106 in stock form and you can see that video on my channel or in the Track forum here.

Here is a link to the Part 1 in the Video series. I will be releasing weekly until the project is done. Next video will be about the actual parts going on the car.

I realize most of you think I am an idiot for doing this on the stock engine, but I have my reasons why it will work. Truck will be on E85 with a very mild tune. If it blows up I build it and have another video series for you to watch lol. Cheers! Allen

#6 ·
I have heard all the same things you guys have seen and heard......I went and talked with Adam in person for a while and felt very good about the direction of the build and trusted him too. His name will be all over the internet now because of me, hoping that means increased attention to detail etc. Modifying cars is always a risk, I am good with it. Cheers

#8 ·
Having his name all over the internet because of you isn't going to matter. All builders try and do a great job for their customers. I've had great conversations with Tim Mahoney on FB and he's very helpful. Suggesting your build being all over the internet will somehow make a difference isn't fair or accurate and suggests they do lousy work unless someone is watching which isn't the case IMO.

#9 ·
Agreed and was not implying that was or would be the only reason I am doing it. The main reason is I spent over two hours talking with Adam (shop owner) and I feel good about it. I also have ran E85 for ten years and am a big believer it is capabilities with regards to cooling properties. I am okay with the risks and like the idea of this being a "science project". Who knows maybe the truck might do well :surprise:

#10 ·
Thanks for the interest thus far guys! Please subscribe to my YouTube channel when you watch the videos......if you would not mind : ) I will release new videos weekly and race season is not that far away for this bad boy or my built track whore...my EVO!

#12 ·
Good Luck! Interested in seeing the outcome. The comments in this thread bring dynosteve to mind.

#15 ·
This thread will be another dead end. Someone will come back to it months from now and want an update, with no response.

Good luck with your build, but the guys on here making comments are the ones that have been around and seen/heard the most. They are trying to help, not hate!

#17 ·
I think we are hijacking this thread

About Us

Reactions: mondo
#18 ·
You will hear from me again guys. Not going anywhere. I realize I have not posted in a while, cause well I just got a Jeep again. Had a 2010 and got rid of it during a divorce. I got back in the game in 2016 with this gently used 2014. I am kind of surprised with all the hate. Shot video 2 today and will release on Friday. I will continue to post here. Good and bad. If I have issues then it is my fault. I have a good feeling, but am not perfect.

#19 ·
If you keep posting them I will keep watching them. I don't have a youtube account to like them though.

#22 ·
Good luck on your build…..The others have already spoken! Now post Lots of Videos because I really need something to watch while I eat this Huge Bag of Popcorn that I have in Front of me :grin2:

#23 ·
Damn bro. Nice vid. Sweet Evo's and TBSS's..........buuut where are the Jeep's? I wish the best for you and hope everything works out to your advantage. It seems your are comfortable with accepting whatever may happen which is good because you may be in for a "work in progress". If you research say Demon Performance, HHP, And Jim at True Street just to name a few you would see a very different shop picture. There is something to be said for experience with these motors and rigs. Especially if you are racing. Just my $0.000002. Subscribed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
I will give you that. There were a handful there actually and just not in the video. I saw his welding/fabrication skills and have spent a few hours now talking with him at his shop and am comfortable taking a chance. To be honest guys with me doing the YouTube thing....all my videos are monetized and I plan on doing stuff with all 4 of my cars and just sharing my experiences with the world wide web. What this means is this "Build Series" for my channel is a tax write off. Cost of doing business in the first year when most businesses operate at a loss. Content is key on YouTube and as you can see in this forum here......you guys are "grabbing your popcorn". If it doesn't work then I have to figure it out and make another video series about that. Point is it is content and I love cars and this is not my first rodeo. I am optimistic after leaving the shop today. I am also one of the most blunt people you will meet, so if this does not work I will let you guys know. I am paying for this with my own money and not looking for handouts or sponsorship's. All about my YouTube channel and love for all things Turbo. I come in peace fellas! Allen

#28 ·
Haha! I was very close to going procharger......but I have owned a bunch of turbo cars (2 currently MR2, EVO) and am very comfortable with the setup. I share your concerns with the stock block, but when I can get a hellcat shortblock for under $5K it does not scare me as much. Once again more content for my channel : ) Sub on YouTube, New Video Friday....maybe tomorrow!

#29 ·
Best way to keep up with me......if you guys can stand me lol.....is on Instagram. blue_evolution312 ................... that will make the love of EVO's make more sense in the videos! Love all cars guys, rice included lol!

#37 ·
Video 2 is up now on my YouTube channel guys. Video is about the parts going on the car. Tuesday the tear down starts and will have that video next week. I did this video 100% unedited and would appreciate the feedback on if I should wait longer between releases and spend more time on things like editing and making it more "Hollywood". Once again I come in peace people lol! Allen

#41 · (Edited)
Thanks for the video. A few misconceptions by the AD crew though. CMR doesn't cause any drive-ability issues. Any issues are purely tuner related and unfamiliarity with CMR software. George's jeep with a bone stock 8-speed went faster than their jeep before AD installed the SHR trans. Overall George's jeep is what .08 seconds slower making it the 2nd fastest intergalactic jeep 8 speed WK2....

#43 ·
And no offense at all man, I appreciate the videos and the behind the scenes at the shop, but it looks like your channel has been around for a just a little while and you have a few subs and a few views. How are you monetizing off of a couple thousand view across all of your videos and a couple hundred subs?

Also, you mentioned that if AD wasn't the shop you'd hoped they were that they would be all over the internet, is it through that channel and this forum? I've seen bigger names get ripped off by bigger shops, and the shops continue to thrive because the next guy in line thinks they will do him better, or that his internet presence is special. Just trying to figure out where you planned on going with it, if you thought this forum would keep a shop honest, because it doesn't. We've seen plenty come and go. I don't have anything against you, just wanted to make sure you knew that there are guys on here who have been there done that, and a bad shop can still be a bad shop.

Best of luck bro. Can't wait to see this thing come together!

#44 ·
Thanks for your honesty and everyone else too. Look guys this is just a way for me to do what I love which is cars and different types of racing. If the channel works then of course I will be happy, but yes it is just 2 months old.....got to start somewhere. My Jeep project is way for me to have content and access to a shop like Adam's for the build and be less then 30 minutes away. Once again I personally have had good interactions with Adam thus far and trust him. I hope I am not wrong guys, but if I am then it will be more new content for the channel and probably more interesting unfortunately lol. I would be shocked if I had not paid for the jeep build by the end of the year with my channels income from monetizing my videos. I plan on uploading weekly and possibly twice a week moving forward.......maybe I am giving myself too much credit, but that is my goal for now. If it does not work out I can afford to pay for it myself. Not looking for handouts.

Hope you guys keep watching, cause after the Jeep Project is the EVO or "Rice" project as you call it lol. TGIF Boys and Girls! Allen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.