Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2014 WK2 Turbo Build!!

44K views 370 replies 35 participants last post by  Spider Monkey 
#1 ·
What is up guys. I know the forums are not as active as they were in years past during the WK1 days.....but I wanted to let you guys know about my turbo build! I will be documenting everything from fabrication to installation to dyno tuning to drag racing on my YouTube Channel. Would really mean a lot if you guys could subscribe to the channel and like the videos! AD Motorsports will be doing the build and the truck is already there! : ) Truck already ran a 12.83 @ 106 in stock form and you can see that video on my channel or in the Track forum here.

Here is a link to the Part 1 in the Video series. I will be releasing weekly until the project is done. Next video will be about the actual parts going on the car.

I realize most of you think I am an idiot for doing this on the stock engine, but I have my reasons why it will work. Truck will be on E85 with a very mild tune. If it blows up I build it and have another video series for you to watch lol. Cheers! Allen

#181 ·
I based my guess on what mine did at a little less power. All really depends on how well the trans deals with the power though IMO. Mine is all over the place depending on what level of freak out the trans is feeling on that day. I swear it's like a woman with the mood swings...

#182 ·
If the big bang theory doesn't show up im going to say high 11s. Calculation puts it in at 11.7. We have seen some disappointment after some impressive dyno stats. Would be sick if he's able to see mid 11s with stock internals on pump gas. As mentioned before. I would add some meth just for security on the stock internals. Then miss 11s no problem my friend

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

#184 ·
It's disappointing the rigs can't do more with boost on a stock motor. Conversely, if the TCM was taken out of the equation 10's might be achievable on a stock motor.

I remember we had to turn down George's jeep to make it go faster lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#194 ·
Hey guys sorry been gone all week in San francisco again....I know poor me : ) I really like the TCM conversation and track guesses. Put me down for a 11.52 at 119. Lets hope I can keep the TCM happy for a couple passes. I am also hopeful Adam will be there to help dial the tune in. I am also really hoping the gas gets better before I go to the track. I am seeing 71% right now and the jeep really would love some 80% + action! I also will be of course doing a video boys! TGIF

#198 ·
Assuming you are referring to ethanol content Jack. I am seeing 71-73 after filling up somewhere else yesterday. Car is running 11.6 air fuel throughout the powerband. I will throw some E98 in there when I do go to the track and get it over 80%. That might allow me to run that 8 lbs of boost instead of the 6.9 right now :grin2:

#202 ·
Nice Georgie, when my Jeep grows up I want it to be just like yours :grin2:

Reactions: Turbo13 and Passmg2
#204 ·
That Whistle Though….. :surprise::grin2:

Reactions: Passmg2
#205 ·
My bad guys...feel like a dumb blonde lol. I can try that thing, don't know where I could do something like that around here. I will work on it this week cause it is raining today and shitty in Chicago. Still targeting drag strip next weekend if it all works out. I posted a 22-93 sprint on my Instagram page yesterday if you guys want to check it out. Best way to keep up with me....since we are all friends now ; )

Instagram:
blue_evolution312

#208 ·
I did not load that one on YouTube George. I save the smaller teaser stuff for Instagram in hopes of driving people to YouTube. YouTube is hard to get going, but mine seems to be taking off...we shall see. Get a Instagram profile....I hate social media....still don't have Facebook....I think Instagram is cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.