Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Rotella T6 Oil

10K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  xJoshxx 
#1 ·
Has anyone used Rotella T6 oil in their 6.4?
I'm having a very hard time finding the correct oil locally.

#4 ·
I use it, Love it

#6 ·
It's super common and u can buy 5 gallon pails

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
can't remember but I use T5 or T6 in my stroker. way cheaper than mobile one

#8 ·
?.

For the ones using this oil, what are the advantages vs disadvantages? I know the Subaru guys like using it.

#11 ·
If I could find it locally I would

#14 ·
American pricing. I'm in Canada

#20 ·
amazon has the pennzoil ultra oil in the proper weight for our jeeps. I ordered all 7 quarts for around 62.87usd & I'm using a napa platinum filter for this oil change with the thought to use the oem srt filter next time around (also found on amazon, eBay, etc).

I've used rotella t6 in previous TDI's i've owned as well as a modded VW Golf TDI that i drove as a commuter for 80k miles with no issues and utilizing 10k oil change intervals. Great oil, but i prefer to stay with warranty weighted proper spec oil for the jeep while under warranty

#22 ·
It's a great oil....I'd use it over penz. First you can't find a store that has 0/40 pens... also if a dealer ever tried to void a wrnty for not using penz...laugh at them

#23 ·
I ended up using Castrol Edge 0w40

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

#24 ·
I use it in My SRT 10 Ram and a lot of Viper guys also like the additive package associated with it. I have heard the added Zinc is not the best for the cats, but who knows if that's fact. I run Amsoil in my Jeep since I have a warehouse close by and the last oil change I took it to 10k miles and the Blackstone oil analysis came back with excellent results. They actually mentioned I could take it further to 12K miles until my next change, I'll stick with 10K though.

#28 ·
Can't wait to hear your experience

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.