Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Does this time seem really good?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jsd512 
#1 ·
I finally managed to have some open road on the way to work this morning so I tried to see what kind of times I could get. I just picked up this 2015 about a month ago and it has 13k miles on it. As you can see it was pretty cold out which everyone says helps. It was dry and I have Pirelli Scorpion Winter tires on that are about 3 weeks old.

I'm definitely happy, especially since it was my first time having a go at it.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Drag strip times on a bone stocker WK2 with DA around 1200 ft and depending on race wt in the 1/8 mile your times will be in the 8.50/8.80 @ 81/78 mph. 1/4 mile 12.80/13.10 @ 105/103. Cold dry air helps a lot and your evic ET could be right there in the 1/8 and 1/4 BUT not the mph as drag strip times are timed diff than speedo time. Next time try pulling out your air filter and see if theres a diff.

#4 ·
Drag strip times on a bone stocker WK2 with DA around 1200 ft and depending on race wt in the 1/8 mile your times will be in the 8.50/8.80 @ 78/81 mph. 1/4 mile 12.80/13.10 @ 105/103. Cold dry air helps a lot and your evic ET could be right there in the 1/8 and 1/4 BUT not the mph as drag strip times are timed diff than speedo time. Next time try pulling out your air filter and see if theres a diff.
According to Google Maps the elevation is 40 feet where I was at.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to try it without the air filter except at the track. Traffic is so bad around here it's a rare day that I can even hit 60. I owned the vehicle for a month before I even had a clear chance to do a 0-60 run. It sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.