Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Ready to spend a little $ on mods. Want to make the right choices

5K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  WA 2 FST 2 
#1 ·
The threads on this forum are awesome! Thanks for all who post. I have been saving some money for a while and am ready to invest in some goodies for my Jeep.

Seeking opinions on my idea for more HP ( my experience comes almost entirely from researching threads here). My 2015 Black SRT has 30k miles and I'm ready to spend a little money. Right now it has
  • SW Long Tube Headers, complete system
  • Diablo PCM with Tirinity tuner
  • BT Catch Can
  • BWoody 4" CAI

There is a local mechanic that runs a clean shop in Miami, SS Performance. They did great work installing the Exhaust system, but I am undecided if they will do these mods. Any solid Mopar mechanics in S. Florida?

I have been considering a blower as my first purchase. Some on the forum run a Whipple, which was recommended by a friend, but after researching here it seems the Demon Procharger is the pkg of choice. I Like the look of the Arrington SC and if it would allow me to keep using my BWoody CAI that may sway me in that direction

Mine is a daily driver, I have somewhat of a heavy foot and I would like to build it right. So I am opting for a forged piston / rod package maybe that which is available Modern Muscle. Do I need to do anything else on the lower end?

I was also looking at CNC Ported Apache heads from Modern Muscle, and if I am going to be that far down in to the motor, I would consider a new cam - and the 6.4L HEMI VVT SC NSR Series Cam from Modern Muscle is mentioned here. New Springs and when all buttoned up, a new Throttle body and Injectors, but not sure the best option there? Is a Cam Phaser Limiter necessary?

Not sure what HP # I would end up with and don't have set goal in mind, but reliability is important. it would be great if anyone could chime in and let me know of other areas needing attention.

I have been spending some time researching fuel system needs and transmission issues, not sure what issue I should address first there..

I will also be purchasing BWoody Stage 3 suspension kit, and Sport Tech brake rotors.

Thanks for reading the above and sharing your thoughts

See less See more
#3 ·
Take a look at thitek heads. Much better option and they come pre assembled with no core. You can easily sell your Apache take offs to recoup the cost. We are running thiteks on Joe's winter build because it is a better design, stronger material, flows better and leaves a ton more room for growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
where are you in fla ?

im in Boca and have been eye'n the arrintgon kit ever since way2fast got it done , maybe we can do some damage together and save a couple buck's in addition to have 2 similar build's the shop would be familiar w the install hedaches and such w your truck going under the knife 1st of course lol

NEIL

#12 ·
Been a while since last post - after much research here - decided to go with Demon for my build. Demon/TKM forged 392, Whipple 2.9L, stock Hellcat Cam, Level 2 Return style Fuel System, 2bar MAP Sensor, 775cc Injector kit, Innovate AFR Kit, ARP studs throughout. My dally driver desired number is 700-725 RWHP. 2 weeks into build should be ready in 2 more! Can't wait.

#18 ·
Thats awesome. I'm impressed with how quickly they are moving on it... although good shops will not overschedule themselves, so they can deliver in a fair timeframe. Look forward to hearing how it all turns out!

Reactions: 2015RVsrt8
#19 ·
very good communication surrounding start of build. There was a race in Rockingham that put us back a few days, but knowing this ahead of time allowed me to coordinate shipping perfectly and teardown began promptly upon arrival.

some other little things that go along way with me was identifying some minor shortcomings of the Stainless Works Long Tube headers. was contacted about some minor cracks around flange and they did some nice welding to tie it all together nicely as well as identifying in issue with water pump. Nice having a DropBox journal of pics and videos too.

Attachments

#20 ·
wish they were remotely close to me. I'd have a forged engine built and then have them tune it with my TVS already installed (wouldn't be nearly at your power level, but plenty for my DD).

I didn't have any issues with my SW headers... glad you got that taken care of.

Reactions: 2015RVsrt8
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.