Looking for Mopar/Hemi performance shop near Dallas, TX - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK2 SRT8 General Performance Discussion Discuss WK2 SRT8 general performance enhancing modifications here.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Looking for Mopar/Hemi performance shop near Dallas, TX

Hey guys I'm trying to find a good performance shop to help with my build. I plan on going forged internals, whipple, tuning and would like to find a shop that specializes in late model Hemi/Mopar stuff for street and not for off road. I can do the whipple myself but would rather farm out the internal work and tuning. I don't mind if they specialize in Challengers, Jeeps, SRT etc. I would really like to find somewhere near Dallas,Houston or Austin, TX) but I'm willing to travel outside the state if it's the best place to go to. Any suggestions you guys have are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 06:52 AM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Gas Monkey Garage(Fast N Loud TV Show)???? Arent they in Dallas!? "WAAAAAAHOOOOOOO, Get you some of that!!" LOL JK JK :-P
Attached Thumbnails
29fe3afc4a35fe5bf1ae88bfe99cb81c.jpeg  

'12 Silver Jeep SRT - Borla ATAK, Ingen Intake,R1 Rotors, BT Catch Can,180* TStat, "Toona" Tuned, Reverse Fogs, Fully de-badged/de-chromed, Full LED Interior, "SRT" Lower Grill Badge, 392/Hemi Badged, Red/Black ACR Stripe rollin on 22" Niche Milan's 305/35/22 (thats it... for now !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

SOLD'07 Silver Jeep SRT8, Diablo,180 t-stat, CAI, Magnaflow Muffler,end-links,Catch Can, led interior kit, rear fog harness. Carbon-fiber interior, De-badged, 3 TVs with Custom SRT8 Box ,Nitto 420's

Last edited by RBugnitz; 12-12-2016 at 06:55 AM.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

bump bump bump

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungblaster View Post
Hey guys I'm trying to find a good performance shop to help with my build. I plan on going forged internals, whipple, tuning and would like to find a shop that specializes in late model Hemi/Mopar stuff for street and not for off road. I can do the whipple myself but would rather farm out the internal work and tuning. I don't mind if they specialize in Challengers, Jeeps, SRT etc. I would really like to find somewhere near Dallas,Houston or Austin, TX) but I'm willing to travel outside the state if it's the best place to go to. Any suggestions you guys have are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
WA 2 FST 2 just had a blower and headers installed at 21st Century Muscle Cars in Dallas. I don't think they specialize in the SRTs but sounds like they do good work and he's happy so far.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:08 AM

21st is top notch, aka Lingenfelter. They are right by the Addison airport.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 05:12 PM

I've also heard that TrueStreet Motorsports in McKinney works on Mopar products.

2014 Jeep GC SRT (stock)
2013 Corvette (800HP)
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 10:07 AM

I'm interested in this too. I'm a new owner of a 2012 Jeep SRT8. The shops that I have heard the most about include:
- Lone Star Performance in Addison
- 21st Century Muscle in Addison
- True Street Motorsports in McKinney

I don't have any personal experience with any of them. I have had a lengthy phone discussion with the manager at Lone Star Performance who was very knowledgeable about our cars.

On a side note, I am interested if anyone else here in North Dallas has the HK upgraded sound system which I could listen to in order to compare my Jeep to theirs. The sound quality is less than expected for a high quality system which appears to be very much the case by all of the posts regarding this subject. But - I'd still like to listen to someone elses to see if mine is typical or different than others.

Grant
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 10:22 AM

I've bought Methanol at Lone Star, seem to be good guys but haven't used them for anything else.
Know 21st pretty well, and know a large number of Vette (and other GM car) owners that have used them and been happy. They don't specialize in Mopars, but I would trust them to do the work if they say they can do it.
Have known several people that have used TrueStreet and have talked to them several times while at their dyno days. Seem to know what they are doing and have a pretty big following, and they have done a number of Mopar builds (including Jeep SRTs).

I've got HK in my 2014, would be happy to meet up so you can listen.

Evan
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions and info. I decided to go with LoneStar Performance in Addison. Talked with Scott there a few times and those guys seem like they know what they are doing with SRT's and were just cool to talk about everything with. They already knew the answers to all the weird SRT stuff people seem to have trouble with. Scott spent a lot of time talking with me about what I wanted and what my expectations were. They gave me an estimate the first time I went there in about 15mins. I also went to 21st Century Muscle Cars to check it out before I picked a shop and while their place is very nice looking the guy I spoke with John Page who I think is the owner was just really acting like he didn't want to do the work. Said they really just do GM stuff, which is cool but then he was talking about a couple of SRT Jeeps they did recently... He kept saying he would have to sub out the work and he would have to get back to me via email with a quote even though no one else was in the lobby and he didn't seem busy..... It was just a weird experience. I know they mostly do GM stuff but I've never seen anyone act that much like my jeep (or my money) wasn't worthy of their time... It wasn't a small job either, forged pistons, rods, fuel system and whipple.... He did email me today and said he was still working on the quote so he gets points for follow up but.... Anyway I already went strait back to Lonestar and gave them my deposit so they could order the parts. Not trying to diss 21st I've heard they do good work but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
mikew2069 likes this.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungblaster View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions and info. I decided to go with LoneStar Performance in Addison. Talked with Scott there a few times and those guys seem like they know what they are doing with SRT's and were just cool to talk about everything with. They already knew the answers to all the weird SRT stuff people seem to have trouble with. Scott spent a lot of time talking with me about what I wanted and what my expectations were. They gave me an estimate the first time I went there in about 15mins. I also went to 21st Century Muscle Cars to check it out before I picked a shop and while their place is very nice looking the guy I spoke with John Page who I think is the owner was just really acting like he didn't want to do the work. Said they really just do GM stuff, which is cool but then he was talking about a couple of SRT Jeeps they did recently... He kept saying he would have to sub out the work and he would have to get back to me via email with a quote even though no one else was in the lobby and he didn't seem busy..... It was just a weird experience. I know they mostly do GM stuff but I've never seen anyone act that much like my jeep (or my money) wasn't worthy of their time... It wasn't a small job either, forged pistons, rods, fuel system and whipple.... He did email me today and said he was still working on the quote so he gets points for follow up but.... Anyway I already went strait back to Lonestar and gave them my deposit so they could order the parts. Not trying to diss 21st I've heard they do good work but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
Go with your gut! What drop ins did you go with and how much boost do you plan to run? Let us know how it goes....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode