Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

How to humiliate BMW X6 Stage 2

15K views 99 replies 27 participants last post by  5000XD 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings to all my friends!
What are the options for increasing the capacity of the jeep srt8 to humiliate guaranteed BMW X6M Stage 2?
Interested most civilian version with minimal investment. What is the minimum investment?

BMW X6M Stage 2:

Power - 700 hp

Torque - 1000/1750 N / m

Maximum speed - 310 km / h

Acceleration from 0-100 km / h - 3.7 sec

Acceleration 100 200 - 9 sec

Acceleration from 0 to 200 - 12.7 sec

Acceleration from 0 to 300 - 37 sec

1/4 mile 402m - 11.6 seconds 191 km / h

See less See more
1 1
#4 ·
Passmg2, write your details and indicators 1/4, 0-100 and the budget revision, if not difficult.
Of course I'm interested in are not extreme configuration, and most stable, reliable and with a minimum investment interventions in the car.
Please guys write all your configs, parameters and the amount of completions in this thread, if they boizki or superior to those that I brought from BMW:
Write in the following format:
1. Configure your car
2. Performance:
0-100 km/h -
1/4 mile -
3. An amount of $ you spend on improvements.

#5 · (Edited)
Passmg2, write your details and indicators 1/4, 0-100 and the budget revision, if not difficult.

Of course I'm interested in are not extreme configuration, and most stable, reliable and with a minimum investment interventions in the car.

Please guys write all your configs, parameters and the amount of completions in this thread, if they boizki or superior to those that I brought from BMW:

Write in the following format:

1. Configure your car

2. Performance:

0-100 km/h -

1/4 mile -

3. An amount of $ you spend on improvements.

PassMG2 include the following:
1.An extensive list detailing the timeline of your build
2.Dyno sheets with the date, density altitude and ambient temperature
3.Your adjusted gross income

All responses must be in memo format/times new roman 14 font and single spaced with 1 inch margins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 · (Edited)
Twin turbo kit is a very serious improvement, which requires a very large financial and time investment. We'll have to remake the floor of the car, to make it work more or less stable. units of such vehicles. Few people will decide on it.
I just do not see the point in buying SRT8, if he lose X 5/6 M with a simple low-cost refining as stage 2. And after stage 2 is only a small insertion and modification of the exhaust system in effect.

#12 · (Edited)
It has dawned on me the OP needs some instruction:

1. Plan to travel to America(more on why later)
2.Apply for a travel Visa by visiting the nearest Embassy or consulate
3. Come to VA hang out with me and come to a MSHS event
4.Return home knowing what it's like to finally be around real men

#15 ·

I really like the jeep and really do not want to buy BMW, which we have already divorced a lot.
And I'm standing in front of the option of buying a sports SUV.
Therefore, I want to learn from those who own jeep SRT8 how difficult it will be to finalize it for my requirements? Therefore, trying to get the advice of those who have already done it and can say whether or not it's worth it.
But if the majority will say that there is no simple modification to my needs and it is a big crap achieve such performance, I give up this idea and just buy X 5/6 M and do chip tuning.

#33 ·
I just bought my SRT today, and I think you probably should just buy the X 5/6M. I looked at them, but could not justify spending $40k more for one. We all have different needs out of a vehicle, though. I don't need my SRT to run mid-11s because I have a garage with some other fun vehicles. But... if I had $100k to drop on a mid-size SUV, I would have purchased the X6. It's very simple from a mod perspective... a vehicle with a factory turbo or supercharger setup is going to be cheaper/easier to mod to get quality power gains, compared to a vehicle with a naturally aspirated engine. You just can't beat forced induction, IMHO, unless you are going to spend huge $$.

Good luck.

#20 ·
Don't mean to confuse you

Twin turbo kit is a very serious improvement, which requires a very large financial and time investment. We'll have to remake the floor of the car, to make it work more or less stable. units of such vehicles. Few people will decide on it.

He already is confused....

#21 ·
Bmw x6m - $102k
Stage 2 kit - $3k

Jeep SRT - $75k
Turbo / supercharger - $10k

So essentially it's a $20k difference. The BMW will still have factory warranty and reliability, the SRT not so much.

Yes, a stage 2 kit for BMW is certainly cheaper than SRT but the car costs $30k more....

#25 ·
Not me. My D1 ran 11.6s consistently at 6-7lb but was too lean but I think I spent more than $10k initially anyway with the extras such as headers and exhaust. So....you could probably do it consistently for $10k U.S. - it would be close - if afrs were managed and inline. Even then, who knows? 10.9:1 skinny ringlanded cast pistons and rods are not likely going to give you too many chances to mess up anyhow. By consistent, Jack, I took it you meant a motor that wasn't going to blow up.

#27 ·
10k will get you the blower, and the first time the pedal hits the floor, so do the pistons. Add another what, 5-10 for a forged bottom end and other parts to keep it alive?

And why do I get the feeling this guy is going to send someone a bank check for more of the value of the item for sell, then as you give shipper the extra to be returned. Kind regards.....

#31 ·
OP, I think it is best that you just get the BMW with the Stage 2 Kit and call it a day because you do not appear to me to be a technically minded person and modifying the Jeep in any form or fashion will probably end up being a Huge PITA for you by the time you get everything sorted out. I also invite you to come to VA USA and race against Mr. Viking and his new Nissan ride, I am sure that will be a memorable event for all concerned.

#35 ·
I'm done here^^^^^^^!

#39 ·
Even after you can out perform the BMW you won't be able to do much VS. the modified razor scooter crowd

Reactions: jntdysf
#42 ·
If you can afford the new X6M or X5M get that. The build quality in and out is night and day better, and it will be plenty quick under factory warranty. That is unless you are wanting to build a track machine (doesn't sound like it). Over 40000 miles my Jeep turned into a rattle box with loose steering,Now that prices are approaching $80k well equipped, it's hard to say that it's a better buy than even a standard V8 X5 which does 0-60 in 4.5 conservative.

Reactions: Passmg2
#44 ·
Not at all disputing a-kon's experience. My 15 has almost 55,000 miles on it and this November I will have had it 2 years. It drives fine and is still tight. I have the luxury of a full time mechanic and a larger shop with a brand new alignment rack right next door. As soon as I break something it gets fixed right away...lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.