Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Anyone have serious problems with there trinity??

6K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  REWY16 
#1 ·
i just ordered the trinity tuner from diablo and ive recently been reading on diablo's forums that alot of guys with '12 charger and 300 srt8s have been having some werid issues with there tuner such as there car wouldnt start, that the tuner shut down there car or that they cant raise the shift points or rev limiter and many more other problems.. its just makes me a bit nervous to get the tuner and have it complete screw up my jeep. theres so many complaints that i dont know if this thing will work or not.. anyone on here have any of these problems aswell??

#2 ·
only issue i had with mine was the touch screen went physco on me however loosening the back 4 screws a 1/4 turn solved it. my trinity is one of the first ones out and no complaints otherwise

#3 ·
Forza's Jeep, a member here, has an issue with his Jeep that Diablo is working to fix. I think he is the only Jeep issue so far?

I recently tuned mine and returned to stock without any problems. Sometimes a tune wouldn't write a first, but nothing that trying again didn't solve.

The tuning is very new, so there is a potential for an issue. Diablo will be good about fixing any problem that should arise.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
on the way home from work tonight i went to punch it. instead the car bogged and the engine light came on. running the 93 octane tune. shut the car off and turned it back on a couple of times but the light is still showing. any thoughts? The tune has been on for a month now with no issues. The car seems to be driving ok but i did baby it home as it's below zero out there tonight and i didn't want to break down.

#7 ·
on the way home from work tonight i went to punch it. instead the car bogged and the engine light came on. running the 93 octane tune. shut the car off and turned it back on a couple of times but the light is still showing. any thoughts? The tune has been on for a month now with no issues. The car seems to be driving ok but i did baby it home as it's below zero out there tonight and i didn't want to break down.
Any codes?

#8 ·
Sounds kinda like fuel freezing up. Use to happen to me when I lived up north. Use to mix Aviation fuel in to solve the problem.

#9 ·
If the CEL light is on, you should have a code that the trinity can read...if so, what is the code?

#10 · (Edited)
new to the whole tuning thing. how do i get the trinity to read the code?

i just plugged my trinity 1000 into my laptop. if i go to thetroubleshooting menu i have the following options: show calibartion ID, show VIN, forece set failure, force calibration, force relearn variant or reset help hints.

none of these seem to tell me to look for a code issue.

#12 ·
Thanks A.V. i frooze my butt off this am but followed the directions. It's weird it didn't recognize any trouble codes. so i hit the button below that and cleared all trouble codes. unplugged and restarted the engine and now the engine light is off. must have tripped something the other night when i punched it. i am guessing that the extreme cold might have something to do with it as well. i hadn't let me car warm up long either. but it's nice to know that you can check or fix things like this with the trinity. that's bonus.

#13 ·
The Trinity only reads PCM codes correct? Maybe the CEL was from the TCM? Can the Trinity clear a TCM code if it can't view them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#14 ·
It will not show anything TCM related so it's possible and going along that route, wonder if he hit limp mode. Cold...lose some traction...engine revs...possibility?

#16 ·
Thanks Mike and everyone else. I think it was a limp mode situation most likely caused by the extreme cold temps, improper warm up and sensor failure exasperated by me trying to floor the gas. Had to better understand what limp mode was and did after reading the link below. I got to let my baby warm up in zero degree weather before trying to pick a fight with WRX. Lesson learned.

http://www.grego.ca/limp.htm

#17 ·
Trinity problem resolved

After loading the 91 octane tune the Trinity port for the ODBC cable stopped working.
Returned to Diablo on RMA and happy to report that the entire exercise from shipping it back to the US from South Africa, getting it fixed and returned was no more than two weeks.
Well done Diablo team, very impressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.