Hertz, ArcAudio and AudioFrog - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK2 Audio/Video/Nav/UConnect/Electronics This section is to discuss all topics related to audio, video, UConnect, navigation & electronics.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Hertz, ArcAudio and AudioFrog

Now that PAC Audio released their harness for the WK2, I got that and the TOSLINK adapter. Jeep is in the shop getting a new $7k+ audio system with a custom amp/dsp box and custom subwoofer box. All while keeping my spare tire and not taking up any room in the trunk . Will be hopefully done this week. But for now, just going to leave this here.
mondo and SRTCZECH like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal3ySRT For This Useful Post:
TheDynoGuy (02-15-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:21 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Thanked 1,033 Times in 699 Posts
Sick. .. can't wait to see some sexy photoes

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

2014 SRT - Forged Internals, Supercharged,Headers, 22" Rims, Borla S exhaust.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 10:01 AM
DONE

Thanked 1,266 Times in 889 Posts
Sweet. Where did you buy the Pac Audio from? I've only seen the over priced eBay ones and ABT selling them.

PWR/STAGE6/SHR/FTI/JerseyBoy tuning.....PB-10.31@131..1.51 60ft-10# full street trim
PB-10.01@141..1.53 60ft-18# race gas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:26 PM

Looks good. I am all for car audio so will be interested to see some pics when it is done. Will sound brilliant either way. I am very interested how they are going to get the sub in there without losing truck space or spare wheel. Be very tight to put it where the OEM sub is. Not sure of air space that can be created there and no doubt a fiberglass box. You will be happy and also shocked how much nicer it will sound compared to OEM
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
Looks good. I am all for car audio so will be interested to see some pics when it is done. Will sound brilliant either way. I am very interested how they are going to get the sub in there without losing truck space or spare wheel. Be very tight to put it where the OEM sub is. Not sure of air space that can be created there and no doubt a fiberglass box. You will be happy and also shocked how much nicer it will sound compared to OEM

Well I was hoping to get at least 1 cubic foot from the stock location, but my installer just sent me a pic and said he could only get it to .75. That's the min recommended size for this sub, so I'm a little disappointed and trying to figure out something to make it bigger. I told him to extend the subwoofer out a little bit and angled up, should give me a little more room, and I can put in some polyfill to help as well. This is the photo of the bare wood, he still needs to fiberglass.
TheDynoGuy likes this.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

But I'm also wondering if he added the subwoofer displacement, otherwise it's going to be under the min spec. I told him I was wanting something like this, with this angle. So hopefully he can figure something out otherwise it looks like I'm going to have to ditch the spare.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo View Post
Sweet. Where did you buy the Pac Audio from? I've only seen the over priced eBay ones and ABT selling them.

ABT.com is cheapest right now at $259. $50 for the TOSLINK adapter too.
mondo likes this.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:14 PM

I kno nothing about audio really but i do have 2 Matt's audio 10 inch woofers. Not the entry level ones either. And there awesome subs. I was thinking about putting them in the jeep just dont kno if i want the extra weight yet. What does the pac audio do?
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal3ySRT View Post
Well I was hoping to get at least 1 cubic foot from the stock location, but my installer just sent me a pic and said he could only get it to .75. That's the min recommended size for this sub, so I'm a little disappointed and trying to figure out something to make it bigger. I told him to extend the subwoofer out a little bit and angled up, should give me a little more room, and I can put in some polyfill to help as well. This is the photo of the bare wood, he still needs to fiberglass.
Looks neat though. Don't jump the gun yet. It is built now so just see how you like it. You may be happy. Load some polyfill in for sure. If he has not taken sub displacement in then you could be way under. I have a pair of sundown 12's in my trunk in a fairly large box and they pound like crazy. With your other speakers going in you could very well end up ditching the spare and ending up with 2 of those subs. Your door speakers will be loud and chances are they could drown your sub So you can either turn then down to balance or load up on subs. It is the never ending game
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
Looks neat though. Don't jump the gun yet. It is built now so just see how you like it. You may be happy. Load some polyfill in for sure. If he has not taken sub displacement in then you could be way under. I have a pair of sundown 12's in my trunk in a fairly large box and they pound like crazy. With your other speakers going in you could very well end up ditching the spare and ending up with 2 of those subs. Your door speakers will be loud and chances are they could drown your sub So you can either turn then down to balance or load up on subs. It is the never ending game

If I don't like the way it sounds there, I'm just going to ditch the spare tire and put the sub there. Probably won't get another sub tho. Haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode