Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

305/45R20 Advan ST

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MeatheadsJSRT 
#1 ·
Having a heck of a time looking for replacement tires for my Jeep. P Zero's are down to the wear bars after 10k mile (16,000km) in the rear. I found these:

Yokohama - Advan ST V802 - 305/45R20 116W
SKU: Y80220

Anyone tried this? Or tried the 295/45R20, they currently are back ordered.

Dustin

#2 ·
Have you actually found a place that sells that tire and size, cause I haven't which is means its probably discontinued.

Most people go with the Hankook, General Grabber UHT, or Spec-X (which I think are also being discontinued in our size).

Most likely before long we won't have any choice but the run flats which are crap and super expensive, so I and other will be forced to go to the 295/40/20 size which has a lot more available choice and deal with the speedo being a little off.

#9 ·
1) No way I'm ever spending $400 for one tire.

2) There is no reason to have things reprogrammed for a small non stock diameter difference, you just have to make sure its the same front to back and know approx. what the speedo is off. People run into all kinds of issues trying to reprogram the computer. Going from a 45 to 40 sidewall is going to be 2-3mph at most for most tires. Its not insignificant, and there are no guarantees that you will never have an issue... I ran .5" larger than stock on my CTSV, the speedo was off by 1 mph and I never had a single code or issue. I don't know where the Jeep sits, but the CTSV was fine unless you went over a 1/2" difference front to back (meaning the overall diameter of the tires wasn't the same on the front and rear tires) and then the traction control and other things would complain. I am not an expert, consult an expert.

3) You for sure want to make sure the load rating is correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.