Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

The WK2 exhaust tip thread

16K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  Phil Rosescu 
#1 ·
...because I don't see one already here. :)

From my measurements, it looks like a person should be able to fit a 6" outlet tip in the plastic cutout on the back of this car with a 1/4 inch to spare all around. Assuming we're talking about a 2 3/4 inlet. My question is, what tip would work? Did you need an adapter? If so, which one? From what I can see under there, the frame box gets in the way of a tip that's much longer than 6" in depth. A 12" tip would most definitely hit the frame boxing. Has anyone tried a 5" tip? What's it look like? Really what I'm trying to compile enough information so I can take the parts I need and my idea to a muffler shop and tell them exactly what I want. Would love to hear your experiences with this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Lots of use run 5" tips already with our Borla axel backs. A 6" should fit as well, I thought I saw someone that did that?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#4 · (Edited)
#13 ·
5" Tips is the maximum, and pushing it. 6" tips is retarded. It's like after the ricer fad faded all of the previous ricer people jumped ship to American muscle and they are bringing the terrible mods with them.

#18 ·
When I bought my SRT the previous owner had custom double walled 5" tips on a Magnaflow cat-back system, but they hung out like 5-6" beyond the bumper at looked ridiculous. So I ordered some 4.5" carbon Akrapovic style knock-off tips for $40 each from Aliexpress. Had them remove the Akra logo and they look pretty good. They don't make a 5" version with a 3" inlet or I'd get those.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.