Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

WK2 Rear Jeep Chrome Delete - Mineral Gray

31K views 101 replies 34 participants last post by  Mongoose9400 
#1 · (Edited)
Got my piece back from the shop today and installed. It took them 3-4 days to complete the work, couple issues along the way, but it looks great! :D This is the mod for those that are serious about debadging :cool:

The swap is easy, I have a tutorial in the tech section. The only added info you'll need is a 5mm socket to swap the rear camera out.
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61493

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks amazing... 100000% better than stock... :D

I still don't know what they were thinking with that huge chrome nightmare on there... :p

#5 ·
Very clean. Great idea!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#6 ·
Thanks guys. It really does make the back end look much better IMO. Eventually I'll get to putting the rear fogs lights and tinting them all. Just one thing at a time.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#7 ·
Looks awesome Zac. Never liked the chrome strip on the back & seeing it color matched just makes the chrome one look that much worse. Hopefully if they only make one change in 13 this will be what it is.

Did you PS your plate or is that some kind of photo blocker?

Jim

#9 ·
In iPhoto I use a touch up tool to blur it. Normally I don't bother but the shop that did the work asked for a couple pics for their portfolio. I said sure, they took pics along the way for me. They really did a great job. Matches perfectly with just the paint code off the door. Even though normally there is variations.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#11 ·
Shoot I'm jealous of all you guys with tunes and boost

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#17 ·
This rear piece will look great...I was thinking of going black but the color match is going to be way better....next step....blacking out all the chrome trim.

#19 ·
Thanks. So what's the word with your bwoody CAI?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#25 ·
I totally agree. That one piece really broke up the back to much IMO. I like all the other chrome on the jeep, but that piece bothered me. Color matched makes it a lot cleaner looking for sure.

It'll really keep people guessing what it is now. The only jeep marks on the outside are the wheel center caps.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#30 ·
I think anyone that is aware and observant of cars would be able to see its a Jeep Grand Cherokee with something going on. I leave the SRT branding on. So then again any car person would know SRT is Chysler. Like SS=Chevy, AMG=Merc, M series=BMW, SVT=Ford.

Also, Jeep ain't paying me to advertise lol ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#32 ·
But I'm not talking about people aware and observant of cars, i'm talking about the other 98% of people on the road. The SRT8 is a metamorphosis, without the badging it might as well be a UFO to the average person on the road. There's something to be said for being proud of the vehicle you own. Jeep has a storied heritage, why hide it? This is devils advocate for those that said "Keep people guessing". I'm not a doomsayer when it comes to de-badging, having debadged two of my previous cars, but I do think it makes for interesting conversation.

#37 · (Edited)
68083083AA

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Reactions: SRT8PANK
#41 ·
Thanks KM

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#46 ·
It's not an easy part to do. It's hard to paint the plastics/chrome. Lots of steps. And getting the right fillers. I had my shop make mine and one other which I sold.

You gotta someone to do it. Now how will it turn out?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#49 ·
I can't take all the credit. I forgot the screen name, but I think the guy with the black Jeep was number one. I believe I'm 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.