Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Dealer Trans Flash DON'T DO IT!!!

15K views 66 replies 16 participants last post by  Geedup 
#1 ·
Guys I have a 2014 Jeep SRT with 27,000 miles on it. I brought it in for the transmission recall where they program it so you can’t get outta the car in gear. After I dropped it off I was driving and when to use my paddle shifters and on the down shift the auto blip where the motor will rev up 500 RPM’s and then down shift for a smoother shift is now GONE! In any mode it will not auto blip the gas! It’s been back to the dealer 2 times now and they say there is nothing wrong with it and there is nothing they can do! This is total BS. I loved this fetcher and now I have nothing. I’ve launched a case with Jeep and it’s been 8 weeks with no answers or any feedback. I’ve talked to the area rep for Jeep and he could give a shit less about me or my car. Have you guys heard anything about this? They are saying I’m the only guy with this problem and that the car is not supposed to auto blip and it shows nothing in the car manual about it. At this point I hate the Jeep because of the BS. Have you guys heard anything on this???

#4 ·
Crazy..... I am in a situation that if i don't allow them to do my update they will not work on my truck for warranty work. I am fighting it though and refuse any updates. Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Crazy..... I am in a situation that if i don't allow them to do my update they will not work on my truck for warranty work. I am fighting it though and refuse any updates. Keep us posted
I
Yeah don't let them do it. If I can't get mine right I'm going to trade it in. It's just not as much fun as she used to be.

#9 ·
Im gonna need to see a video of this rev matching. I downshift all the time and have all the latest updates and the recall done. I wouldnt say it blips the throttle in mine though. RPMs come up depending on what speed Im going

#13 ·
What software were you. Probably wouldn't of noticed if it always had the update when you purchased it. Here's the current software that my vehicle is running.

#43 ·
2014 post recall
Were you able to find out what trans software you're on? If my afternoon slows down I may call SRT and see what I can find out on mine

Since we're both post recall, there must be different versions of the trans software. That or the software update before the recall did me in. Did you take yours in before the recall for updates?

#20 ·
^ If you sell it(keep me in mind first of course) just draft a document stating you are not responsible for damage or injuries due the recall and make them sign it.

When did you have it done? Maybe I need to go back in and Ill get the throttle blip back. My warranty is up though, can I do this myself online?
^^^ me too. I think that's the latest one from April.
I took mine in the first week of Sept

#19 ·
Dropping off my jeep this morning. I will see if I can test drive a newer one and see the difference. My jeep would be the perfect candidate to compare since it hasn't gotten the updates.

Another thing to consider too. Me refusing the updates and signing wavers. I technically open myself up to a lawsuit in the future if I was to sell the vehicle and they were injured from me not having the updates done. Just something to think about I guess.

Kinda like the Samsung 7 phones. You are legally not allowed to sell them due to the recall. I assume it would work the same way

#22 · (Edited)
UConnect website

Update available
Your 2014 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SRT8 X 4X4 equipped with the system qualifies for the following software update:
Update 1: SIRI UPDATE FOR UCONNECT® 8.4AN_RA4_16.13.13_MY13_&_M14
Service Bulletin ID: 08-054-16
Release Date: 2016-04-20

I wonder why I didn't get this a month ago. Pretty damn cool I can download a vehicle software update and install it myself. I might do it this weekend. Trying to find what all is in this update

Just talked with FCA. This a purely a SIRI UConnect update. The software version we see on the screen has nothing do with PCM/TCM updates. Not sure where to find what trans software Im on, Im sure only the dealer or SRT has access to that info.

Its strange that smoothie and I are post recall updates but our Jeeps shift differently. Ill have to pull my paperwork out and see what all the dealer did

#27 ·
Well I just got off the phone with Jeep tonight my case supervisor. He told me that basically it is what it is. They deemed the car safe and fit to drive, even though they took away one of the main reasons for me wanting this car the rev match down shift. I told him it was complete bullshit that they make changes to my car without my authorization and he didn't care less. He kept saying it was a safety recall and its Opperating properly. I'm very disgusted with how deep is handling this and I think I'm going to sell the truck. The problem is I'd want the same damn thing.....

#31 ·
That's complete B.S.. You purchased a product with the options at the time. Under no circumstances should they change the system without you knowing 100% what's being changed.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

#28 · (Edited)
It's bizarre how different people's experiences are. I just had the Trans update, PCM update and ABS update done last week, and my rev matching is still intact, and even though I never had the dramatic clunk described by others, my shifts are now smoother than ever before. What could the explanation be? Are we suggesting not all tranny updates are created equal?

#41 ·
That's fine. Ask them to show you in the recall info what functionality will be lost and to point out where it shows Rev limiting will be eliminated. (Ps mine wasn't post recall)

Honestly I don't think you are trying hard enough. No offense but you sound like a younger guy. Leave the emotion out of it and treat it like a game and understand it won't be fixed overnight. With that being said keep pushing either on that dealer or another one.

#40 ·
Then maybe they should do a little better testing in the first place. I don't remember reading this in my contract when I purchased my vehicle. Also went over my warranty contract and it said absolutely nothing about having to keep updates upto date in order for them to honor their part of the warranty. I have a feeling there will be more documents in the future for you to sign in order to purchase a vehicle. With all the new technology now they are opening their selves up to a lawsuit. Me being one if they were going to force me on these updates.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.