Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Hard down shifts

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Tinman4181 
#1 ·
Hey guys, long time lurker first time as registered member. Recently bought a '15 SRT with 15k miles on the clock. I have noticed that both my 6-5 and 5-4 downshifts are kind of harsh causing somewhat of a lunge when coming to a stop. There is no clunking sounds at all,but just as I'm slowing down and it shifts between those, the truck feels as if I depressed my brakes to quickly even though even pressure is applied. Anyone have this issue, if so, what was a solution for you? Thanks

#3 ·
There is a TSB regarding the trans. Seems that if the trans was serviced at all (filter, fluid) after, some jeeps,will exhibit harsh down shifts and or ups shifts. Protocol is to have dealer or whom ever did the service to reset all the parameters in the TCM. Failure to do so, could cause the issue.

I learned about it via my Amsoil dealer packages. I get list of protocols, TSB, recalls in each make of vehicles. They it and see if it helps. Some dealers or techs might not know about it or aknowlage due to it not being a "recall".

#4 ·
Mine does the same. Not always but definitely does. Usually catches me off guard and then my foot hits the brake harder which causes even more of a jerk. Sometimes my passengers look at me like I'm crazy?. Now I just laugh and say to them "take an uber next time if you don't like it".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.