Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

I May Be Getting A Roush

7K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  webbrowan 
#1 ·
Exactly what the title says. 09 427r but i think it is over priced. How much do you think it should cost guys before i pull the trigger on it. I think the guy said it has about 10000 miles on it or something like that & i live in Missouri.

#3 · (Edited)
Silver. its the 427r. They want 42,900 for it but i looked up on autotrader & seen other ones with less miles & they were cheaper & what not. Its also 1 of 4 hand built by the Roush racing team.

#4 ·
Well one way of seeing if its worth it is , do you want to spend 43k on a mustang? If you dont mind that then Id say go for it. They are pretty rare but I think your really just payin for the name. They do look pretty sweet though.

#5 · (Edited)
Yeah i think its the name to but i mean, why am i paying 43k, here but i seen two other with lower miles, & cheaper, so idk, maybe i can talk them down on there price. My other choice would be a SALEEN(http://www.carnection.com/vehicledetails.aspx?VID=118514043) OR A Bullit. Or an srt4 if i can ever find one. But i really loved the sound of the Roush

#7 ·
I was actually next to a gt500, when i was going to look at the Roush, & when i got to the Roush, it had more of an aggressive tone then the Shelby, thats why i dont want to get the Shelby

#15 ·
thanks guys, i knew this guy was just trying to get over on me. I'll keep you all informed on everything thou

#16 ·
The Shelby is the one that will hold it's value the best. The Saleen is definitely the better bet if you don't want to put out for the Shelby IMO.

#22 ·
One of my neighbors had a 2009 (I think?) Roush Mustang and to be honest I thought it was a nice car and fairly quick until he told me the price tag. If I remember correctly he paid nearly $50,000 for the car. He sold it about 6 months later as he had numerous tranny issues within 5,000 miles and bought a 2010 GTR which he loves!!

#24 ·
for well under $40K you can get a low mileage (<15,000) GT500. then spend the cash that you save and get new rims/tires & exhaust to make it just how you like it. like was said before, the Roushes depreciate WAY too fast. there were 2 new Roushes sitting on a local lot that they just couldn't get rid of for several months. most people that i know give no respect to a Roush... way to expensive for what you get.

just my $.02

good luck with whatever you decide to do!!

#25 ·
Exhaust makes the sound, not the car in general...you can make anything sound the way you want. Get a GT500....a REAL mustang and put a Borla system on it...You will then have the best of both worlds and your daily driver will be NASTY!

#31 ·
prob 45-50ish. FYI A c6z06(which could be had in that price range with good miles;)) does 60 in first gear
My BlackJack spun the stock tires in first as soon as it hit 4500 rpm and then continued to spin on the 1-2 shift and through most of 2nd. It took a set of 305/35/18 DOT road race tires to stop this. The M90 blower is not the best blower out there. It does scream like a banshee, but it is limited to 8psi of boost. The housing cant support more without porting, and even then gains are minimal. I wouldn't recomend more than 8 psi on a stock 4.6 3V. You can get 2.57" blower pulley, 90 mm idler pulley, CAI, colder plugs, and a VMP Tuning custom tune and pick up 30 rwhp. Max potential without fuel pump upgrade is 460-475 rwhp. Find a Roush P-51 with forged internals and the TVS blower or a Shelby GT500 if you want max drag racing power.

#32 ·
Probably, but i dont want a 2011. Only 2011 im possibly looking into getting is the srt8 Challenger or 2012 Charger srt8 if i can even wait that long. Im an impulse buyer

#33 ·
Don't you want an AWD DD since you are in St. Louis or do you have a winter car? I would choose another slightly used car in that price range. Have you considered used foreign luxury coupes that give similar performance?
Luxury and speed for a DD is key for me, blue tooth, nav, heated seats. Oh yea the Jeep SRT8 fits the bill.

#37 · (Edited)
Missed one.http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=281941440&dealer_id=598395&car_year=2008&rdm=1284181908422&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=100&make3=JAG&make2=MB&start_year=2008&engine=8%20Cylinder&body_code=10&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&ct=u&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&first_record=401&make=BMW&scarid=284351407&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_style=COUPE&body_style=SEDAN&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&position=top&position=top&seller_type=b&max_mileage=30000&style_flag=2&sort_type=make_modelASC&address=43613&advanced=y&end_year=2011&pager.offset=400&max_price=50000&cardist=386&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

I am more of an Audi S or AMG fan myself. If you are patient you can find a $90k car with 15k miles for $45k. Then drive it for a couple of years and on to the next.

It is not how much a car costs that it is important. What matters most is the depreciation or decrease in value for the time period you plan on owning.

I think you might take a beating on a $45k mustang that a 2011 can best in performance.

All things considered the Jeep SRT8 is the best value out there still. Until the Wk2 SRT8 is released that is.

#39 ·
Funny. the Ford Shelby is the car with tranny issues NOT the Roush Im on my second Roush I will not be buying A 10K over sticker priced GT350/or A 500.I did test drive a 14 GTR and it was cool but just not for me.Packing plenty of ponies in my Roush and dont care what people think about resale value.I know Dealers like to low ball you on EVERY car not just Mustangs. Have you checked Dodge Challenger resale value?? Even Dodge Low balls you on their products.So bottom line dont take a beating on your trade ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.