Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Goes Supercharged

7K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  1ofakind 
#1 ·
#14 ·
lol @ comparing it to the GT500.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What is really going to differentiate the 600+ hp Challenger from the GT500? Unless it is brand loyalty or claims of sub 200mph, I don't know why they wouldn't be direct competitors, with the ZL1 as well.

(don't bring up laps at the ring, nobody cares... lol... we race in a straight line over here)

Too little too late. Too heavy to be fast.
Have you been around the car market, for say, the last 10 years? Cars are getting heavier. We need to get over it. It is a fight we're not going to win. They are so heavy in fact that they had to take very drastic measures on the Z28 to cut the weight they did (from an already "light" sports car)... and in the end, it wouldn't be worth it to me to buy because of the stuff they removed vs the slightly heavier ZL1. Sure, carmakers shed a couple lbs here and there with carbon fiber, aluminum and whatever other exotic materials they can, but safety regulations and "the bare essentials" will keep adding heft quicker than they can take it away.

I think the days of the 4 seater 3000lb V8 muscle car are over and have been over for about a decade. I understand the effects of weight on a vehicle's performance (I'm here aren't I? lol) but I also know they the latest cars are better than they've ever been.

#12 ·
I don't imagine FIAT (Ferrari) will let the Viper have it's crown back. With the former performance fodder at the helm it's pay back time. Hopefully I'm wrong. We deserve a 750HP naturally aspirated Viper. Leave the factory blowers for the weakling exotics and sports cars. This doesn't apply to SUVs and lower lever sports cars like the Camaro, Challenger, etc. They need blowers. But a V10 shouldn't.

#15 ·
Well for starters when the ZL1 was compared to the GT500 it did so bad performance wise they ended up comparing it to the Boss302 Mustang. The only thing the ZL1 has on the GT500 is comfort. The challenger, as stated before, already weighs in at about eleventeen tons so it won't even come close to competing unless they cut weight somehow, which I doubt will happen because they are adding weight to it lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.