Jeep Wrangler People, Step On In - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
Other Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat Vehicle Discussion This is the section for the discussion of all other Chrysler Group LLC vehicles.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Has Been
 
jps043's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 8,469
Thanks: 905
Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,003 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Jeep View Post
I'm going through the same process, trying make room so i can keep the SRT but may have to part with it. Here's the wrangler I'm looking at...its built to the Moab specs...

Cant go wrong with the limited editions, but the new 2013 MOAB edition is perfect for a DD and trail runner if you want to offroad occasionally, its got everything...Get the new 3.7 gear ratio if you plan on running 33-35" tires, anything over that and you will need to go at least 4.10's...with the new 3.6 Pentastar.
Damn that is a very nice looking beast there. I will definitely take a look into the MOAB editions as well. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAMFR View Post
If you want to do lift and tires and do mild offroading 100%, buy the Rubicon...

This is what you will get with the Rubicon over the Sport and Sahara...

4.10 grears
4:1 Transfer Case
Front/Rear Dana44 Axles
Front/Rear E-Lockers
Electronic front sway bar disconnect
Mud Tires
Rock sliders


The options you can get with the JK is very long.

I would recomend getting the dual tops (Hard/Soft) You can also get the hardtop painted as an option.

Nav., Speakers, etc., etc, The list goes on...

My local dealer has started offering the "AEV" packages for their customers...look into this as well...You can buy a turn key badass Jeep with full warranty and finance everything.

AEV= American Expedition Vehicles

The most important thing....BUY the 6spd. tranny....You don't want an automatic Wrangler!!!!!!!!!!

Also, The new Billet Silver paint new for this year is sick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAMFR View Post
This is an AEV Jeep for sale at my local dealer...$60k...New silver color...

Can you build one yourself for cheaper? Yes, you can, But if you buy this you can finance your mods.

OR, Buy a nice used one for mid to low $30's
As much as I would love a brand new one, I am trying to put some of the money away from selling my jeep and putting it towards grad school. So I am planning on buying a slightly used Wrangler preferably less than 40K. Those AEV conversion kits are incredibly nice but very costly. I absolutely love the work you have done to yours and am looking to do something similar if I get into one. Your tires are ridiculously big though haha! What is the avg gas mileage like on the 4dr wranglers? Are you running premium fuel?

................||John S.||................
Daily Driver: 2007 SBM Jeep SRT8 - Slow
Garage Queen: 2013 GT500 -
Black on Black with SVTPP - 768HP 743TQ
Previous: 2009 Brilliant Black Twin Turbo Jeep SRT8 - 1100+HP 900+TQ
jps043 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Premium Member
 
First Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 810
Thanks: 40
Thanked 158 Times in 96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAMFR View Post
This is an AEV Jeep for sale at my local dealer...$60k...New silver color...

Can you build one yourself for cheaper? Yes, you can, But if you buy this you can finance your mods.

OR, Buy a nice used one for mid to low $30's

That AEV is great...but a lot of money if you aren't going to actually use it 4 wheeling ALOT!

Whats the deal with Auto vs Manuel? I'm assuming manuel is better on the trail for gear selection...but what about a DD? Is the auto still capable for the occasional off road trip and
hunting on old logging roads? The new 3.6 is supposed to have cured a lot of the issues with gearing in the 3.8 and 4.0 models but I have no experience with them.

I'll be doing a lot more city driving then on the trail and also towing a boat quite often, would you still recommend the manuel over auto for this? I can't decide between the 2...

PROCHARGED / SHR Transmission / Johan Tuned
First Jeep is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
10JGCSRT8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 302
Thanked 264 Times in 190 Posts
hey John, I got a 92 wrangler for sale.. I'll let it go for cheap and its a classic hahaha


- DEMON PERFORMANCE CUSTOM 88MM TURBO & 419
9.30 @ 150!-
Brian
2014 Ford Raptor SCrew
10JGCSRT8 is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Has Been
 
jps043's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 8,469
Thanks: 905
Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,003 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
LOL thanks Brian, I didn't know the 92's were part of the JK series also
jps043 is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Elite Contributing Member
 
DCSpecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Psych Ward
Posts: 7,302
Thanks: 321
Thanked 445 Times in 315 Posts
I don't know about John and manual transmissions......especially off road. Just saying. LOL.

If you are worried about MPG......big tires are not for you, LOL. My 8200# diesel on 36s probably gets better mpg than a lifted JK. LOL.

Wranglers are nice, lots of suspension options for them.....some better than others depending on budget. I like the stuff that is a little pricey. LOL.
DCSpecial is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
10JGCSRT8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 1,208
Thanks: 302
Thanked 264 Times in 190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps043 View Post
LOL thanks Brian, I didn't know the 92's were part of the JK series also
I can slap a JK sticker on there for you if you want lol
10JGCSRT8 is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Has Been
 
jps043's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 8,469
Thanks: 905
Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,003 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
I don't know about John and manual transmissions......especially off road. Just saying. LOL.

If you are worried about MPG......big tires are not for you, LOL. My 8200# diesel on 36s probably gets better mpg than a lifted JK. LOL.

Wranglers are nice, lots of suspension options for them.....some better than others depending on budget. I like the stuff that is a little pricey. LOL.
You know what they say about men and their big trucks right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10JGCSRT8 View Post
I can slap a JK sticker on there for you if you want lol
As long as the sticker is black, it's a deal
jps043 is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Elite Contributing Member
 
DCSpecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Psych Ward
Posts: 7,302
Thanks: 321
Thanked 445 Times in 315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps043 View Post
You know what they say about men and their big trucks right?


Says the guy (and I use that term loosely, LOL) who wants a lifted JK and a GT500 with more power than he can use since he says he's not going to the track and doesn't speed, LOL.
DCSpecial is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DCSpecial For This Useful Post:
cmn1  (01-17-2013)
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Has Been
 
jps043's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 8,469
Thanks: 905
Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,003 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
Says the guy (and I use that term loosely, LOL) who wants a lifted JK and a GT500 with more power than he can use since he says he's not going to the track and doesn't speed, LOL.
LOL I said I am considering a lifted JK. You know the other vehicle I am looking at . And the GT500 will be my weekend warrior. Taking it to the track is too costly.
jps043 is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:12 PM
DAYUM!!!
 
1BAMFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 14,290
Thanks: 804
Thanked 1,527 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps043 View Post
Damn that is a very nice looking beast there. I will definitely take a look into the MOAB editions as well. Thanks for the info!





As much as I would love a brand new one, I am trying to put some of the money away from selling my jeep and putting it towards grad school. So I am planning on buying a slightly used Wrangler preferably less than 40K. Those AEV conversion kits are incredibly nice but very costly. I absolutely love the work you have done to yours and am looking to do something similar if I get into one. Your tires are ridiculously big though haha! What is the avg gas mileage like on the 4dr wranglers? Are you running premium fuel?

You can find a nice used Rubicon JK for low 30's for sure...

Yes , they are huge, You don't need 37" tires...35's are great for the JK's too.

Gas mileage when it was stock was average, now..the thing drinks gas like crazy, Big tires and 4.88 gears really burn the fuel.

I run 89 in my Jeep...My motor, intake, and PCM are all 100% stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Jeep View Post
That AEV is great...but a lot of money if you aren't going to actually use it 4 wheeling ALOT!

Whats the deal with Auto vs Manuel? I'm assuming manuel is better on the trail for gear selection...but what about a DD? Is the auto still capable for the occasional off road trip and
hunting on old logging roads? The new 3.6 is supposed to have cured a lot of the issues with gearing in the 3.8 and 4.0 models but I have no experience with them.

I'll be doing a lot more city driving then on the trail and also towing a boat quite often, would you still recommend the manuel over auto for this? I can't decide between the 2...
I guess it's just personal prefernece between an auto trans vs. the 6 spd. trans.

I think the auto would be easier to offroad with but I loooove shifting, makes you feel like you're in complete control on and off road.
1BAMFR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited rconner Other Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat Vehicle Discussion 29 12-21-2012 10:54 PM
2010 SRT8 Jeep Wrangler! Yes, a Wrangler... BenHedrick Other Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat Vehicle Discussion 46 03-12-2012 11:10 AM
Jeep Wrangler to Get Hemi V8? Modern Muscle Other Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat Vehicle Discussion 18 04-02-2011 04:15 AM
Step By Step Build Of My 22" Rims YKPizzaGuy Pics & Video Showoff Section 70 04-12-2010 01:25 AM
Jeep Wrangler SRT 6 GodfatherSRT8 WK1 SRT8 General Discussion 10 03-19-2007 08:06 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome