Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My new 2012 Super Bee

21K views 155 replies 36 participants last post by  J&D's SRT's 
#1 ·
Yup traded the wife's Inferno Jeep in on a 12 Super Bee. Its still at the dealer for now going to go out Sunday & play with it some. I don't have to give them the Jeep till next Saturday. Will try & get some pics tomorrow while I have it, got dark today. Can't believe how much room there is inside of it compared to the WK1. Here's a photo from online for now.

See less See more
#8 ·
Sweettttt!!!! Enjoy that beast Jim
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. amazing.
Thank you
That's sick bro!
Thanks

Sweet!!! Good news Jim. Have you driven it at all yet?
Yeh I've driven it a little bit. I got the keys so even though its still there I can go get it whenever I want. To much traffic to really play & I probably wont beat on it to much until it hits 300-400 miles.
Nevermind working now looks amazing how does it compare to the Jeep?
A lot roomier inside. Too much of a different vehicle to really compare the two though. I've owned a Jeep SRT for 5.5yrs now & I do still have my other Jeep anyways.

I looked at the new 300 SRT's also but in the end ended up just getting this. Was just to good of a deal to pass up. With what I got for the trade in I was able to still put some down for a down payment on this & almost pay off my other Jeep. Only have about 4 payments left on the other one now. So when its paid off combined with the lower payment on the Bee I'll be saving almost $1k a month in car payments. With my wife's health we are looking to new better house for her so it will help. Plus when the SC SRT's make it out I'll be in a very nice spot to trade the Bee in on one.

#4 ·
Can't see pic

#6 ·
Sweet!!! Good news Jim. Have you driven it at all yet?

Reactions: J&D's SRT's
#7 ·
Nevermind working now looks amazing how does it compare to the Jeep?

#9 ·
Hmm heading to the dealership for my birthday well as a late birthday gift in Jan. and going to test out all the new srt8s... Not giving up the Jeep though I just got it lol!

#10 ·
Damn she is sexy. Good choice Jim and congrats. First mod, tint windows.

#15 ·
Thanks John, Going to talk with them Wed. about getting the windows tinted there since it would end up being the easiest for me. Trying to show some restraint tonight from going & getting it. Might have a hard time explaining to Mr Officer why I'm out driving off in a car at midnight though :eek:
Nice!
So when is the For Sale thread for heads and cam going to be posted?
Thanks, Still need to break the news to Andy. Everything is still sitting down a his place so I'll have to see what works best for him. Maybe I'll just swap the Eagles for Apaches & a VVT cam. I saw he is selling them now. Not sure if JB is able to tune that much yet with the DS software though. Maybe I'll have to give him a call.
Hell yeah buddy!

Slicks and a tune...you be ready for the track!
Thanks Keoni, Starting to look for some new tires already. Its got the all season on it, so they will need to go as soon as spring comes.
Congrats Jim! I figured I'd see this thread soon. :). My wife and I enjoy ours. There's a ton of room, not bad on gas and 13 seconds in the quarter!
I also got a great deal and a good trade for the wife's TBSS.

Thanks Eskle. It was the smartest choice for me at this time. I drove by the other dealer every night last spring when they had a yellow one sitting out front & it caught my eye every time.
Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks Justin, need to get me another Trinity now & talk to your bro. Wish I hadn't of bought an Intune a couple months ago. Now I've got a Predator & an Intune I need to sell.

#11 ·
Nice!
So when is the For Sale thread for heads and cam going to be posted?

#13 · (Edited)
Congrats Jim! I figured I'd see this thread soon. :). My wife and I enjoy ours. There's a ton of room, not bad on gas and 13 seconds in the quarter!
I also got a great deal and a good trade for the wife's TBSS.

#17 ·
Congrats! I was just at my dealer on Friday and they had the same exact Superbee, it really is a stunning vehicle. If I didnt need AWD and room for my stuff, I would have went with one of the SRT Chargers in a heartbeat. Best of luck with it!

#18 · (Edited)
Well I've put about 150 miles on it so far today & I got to say I'm loving this thing. The ride is so nice & this thing moves pretty damn good out the highway doing some WOT from about 70. Need to get a few more miles on it before I see how it is from a dig. I know it won't be as fast as the Jeep but looking forward to doing some 0-60. My only complaint is the exhaust sound, who the HELL put this quite a$$ exhaust on it from the factory. Cat back coming ASAP. I think from doing some reading the superbees don't have the exhaust valves in them so that's a good thing. Here's a couple crappy pics, its filthy & needs a good cleaning for sure. Cup holders under the hood?? Lol

Jim

Attachments

#19 ·
Gotta have a place to set the beer when you're under the hood working...or admiring.

#20 ·
Jim, the exhaust does get a little louder after a while. I really like being able to have four people riding in comfort. The trunk is huge too. You'll be surprised what you can get in there. With track off it will blow the rears forever! :)
You have to tint the glass. Here's mine before and after. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Luxury vehicle

#22 ·
I hope it gets louder Eskle. If it was a regular SRT Charger I could see out being somewhat subtle but just doesn't fit the Superbee IMO. I agree this thing has way more room than the Jeep & I'm still in shock at how nice the ride is. Love yours with the windows tinted, gonna see if I can't get something done next week. They had a black one also & I thought about it but after my black Jeep don't know if I could ever do another black car. Just a royal pain in the butt to keep clean but oh so beautiful when they are.

Jim

#24 ·
congrats.....

#27 ·
Well dropped it back off at the dealer yesterday until Sat when I turn the Jeep in. They are going to tint all the doors & rear window with 15/20 (not sure which they have) for only $200. Can't beat that, will gets some pics up this weekend. Planning on getting a light tint on the windshield at some point also but since I can't see what they have not doing it now.

Jim

#28 ·
$200? That seems high my area just may have low prices though.

#29 · (Edited)
Yes it is, 90-120 here in Denver. Got my wife's focus done for 90.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.