RIPP Supercharger 3.6 Pentastar Cherokee Another World First - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
Other Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat Vehicle Discussion This is the section for the discussion of all other Chrysler Group LLC vehicles.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 09:12 AM
The ModMan
 
5000XD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,232
Thanks: 1,192
Thanked 1,047 Times in 845 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPP Superchargers View Post
Sure you mean this Durango 5.7 kit
Chris, compared to a stock 2014 SRT, is the 5.7 s/c-ed Durango quicker? How do they compare.
5000XD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
RIPP Superchargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 104
Thanks: 44
Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5000XD View Post
Chris, compared to a stock 2014 SRT, is the 5.7 s/c-ed Durango quicker? How do they compare.
The Stock
SRT: 345-370awd-hp
5.7 R/T: 276awd-hp

RIPP:
5.7 R/T: 404awd-hp 505rq



RIPPTECH

RIPP Superchargers
Performance Spoken Fluently
  • 05-2006 Wrangler TJ 4.0
  • 07-2014 Wrangler JK 3.8-3.6
  • 11-2014 Grand Cherokee 3.6 5.7
  • 12-2014 Grand Cherokee SRT 6.4
RIPP Superchargers is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RIPP Superchargers For This Useful Post:
5000XD (09-26-2014)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 10:55 AM
The ModMan
 
5000XD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,232
Thanks: 1,192
Thanked 1,047 Times in 845 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPP Superchargers View Post
The Stock
SRT: 345-370awd-hp
5.7 R/T: 276awd-hp

RIPP:
5.7 R/T: 404awd-hp 505rq



RIPPTECH
Nice!!!!
5000XD is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 5000XD For This Useful Post:
RIPP Superchargers (09-26-2014)
 
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
RIPP Superchargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 104
Thanks: 44
Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5000XD View Post
Nice!!!!
Below are some videos of NA 5.7', and a 6.4 for comparison - obviously the V8's will have solid torque over the V6's, but boosted V6's typically produce 300ft/lbs of trq.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmOp...5UC_-8Zbo2XPdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIjG...5UC_-8Zbo2XPdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GC8...5UC_-8Zbo2XPdw


RIPPTECH
RIPP Superchargers is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 02:28 PM
The ModMan
 
5000XD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,232
Thanks: 1,192
Thanked 1,047 Times in 845 Posts
Garage
^Wow, in the last video the hp/tq drop is crazy after every pass. I did not know that happened on any vehicle like that.
5000XD is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
TSINND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,505
Thanks: 816
Thanked 510 Times in 390 Posts
I will give him your info. His name is tj
TSINND is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
RIPP Superchargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 104
Thanks: 44
Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5000XD View Post
^Wow, in the last video the hp/tq drop is crazy after every pass. I did not know that happened on any vehicle like that.
Right,

Transparency in marketing is what we look to bring to the communities we support. Thats why we try so hard to stress the fact that there are limiting factors when running boost in these engines that other companies may not be interested in showcasing.

It's also the reason we do very raw uncut videos without all the production stunts and cuts. We try to stay very fact centric in relation the topic/parts/vehicle.


RIPPTECH

Last edited by RIPP Superchargers; 09-27-2014 at 07:00 AM.
RIPP Superchargers is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RIPP Superchargers For This Useful Post:
5000XD (09-27-2014)
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 08:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 227
Thanks: 156
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPP Superchargers View Post
Right,

Transparency in marketing is what we look to bring to the communities we support. Thats why we try so hard to stress the fact that there are limiting factors when running boost in these engines that other companies may not be interested in showcasing.

It's also the reason we do very raw uncut videos without all the production stunts and cuts. We try to stay very fact centric in relation the topic/parts/vehicle.


RIPPTECH
Where were you when I bought my 1971 Plymouth Duster 340 44 years ago? For all these years, my impression of Chrysler corporation's engines (particularly the hemi) has been that they have been slower than Chevy's or Ford's offerings, and bigger gas hogs. I bought a few over the years (Durango, earlier Jeep SRT-8).

Here's a thought: at this rate, in about a year you are going to have quite a few happy supercharger customers. Plus, you will have a supercharger kit for a variety Chrysler engines. Why not work a deal with Chrysler, where you can become an approved aftermarket vendor - or perhaps even have Chrysler offer your kit as a factory (or dealer) installed option? I believe that would do wonders for their sales and reputation - being able to offer the kind of fun and performance (and better gas mileage!) that they should have had many years ago!

2014 Grand Cherokee SRT Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
2016 Silver Volvo XC90
Jeep and GTO is online now  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
RIPP Superchargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 104
Thanks: 44
Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep and GTO View Post
Where were you when I bought my 1971 Plymouth Duster 340 44 years ago? For all these years, my impression of Chrysler corporation's engines (particularly the hemi) has been that they have been slower than Chevy's or Ford's offerings, and bigger gas hogs. I bought a few over the years (Durango, earlier Jeep SRT-8).

Here's a thought: at this rate, in about a year you are going to have quite a few happy supercharger customers. Plus, you will have a supercharger kit for a variety Chrysler engines. Why not work a deal with Chrysler, where you can become an approved aftermarket vendor - or perhaps even have Chrysler offer your kit as a factory (or dealer) installed option? I believe that would do wonders for their sales and reputation - being able to offer the kind of fun and performance (and better gas mileage!) that they should have had many years ago!
  • EPA
  • CARB

+ Their just not that cool - LASTLY, they are trying to bring all the work under their own umbrella.

RIPPTECH
RIPP Superchargers is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 03:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPP Superchargers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5000XD View Post
Chris, compared to a stock 2014 SRT, is the 5.7 s/c-ed Durango quicker? How do they compare.
The Stock
SRT: 345-370awd-hp
5.7 R/T: 276awd-hp

RIPP:
5.7 R/T: 404awd-hp 505rq



RIPPTECH
Hey man...I have watched the videos of the Penastar install and dyno & it's awesome!! I shot an email over but didn't get a response, will the supercharger work on the non Penastar engine? I want to get it so bad for my WK 3.6 but I didn't see it say it would work for mine or not. Any help would be awesome! DM me if u want or email...u guys are based in SI too right? I'm right over the bridge & would love to drop in. Thanks a lot!!

-Mike
MADJets14WK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ripp Supercharger 1st Day TaylorSS WK2 SRT8 Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos/Nitrous 17 08-09-2015 07:54 AM
My RIPP supercharger experience. Jeep and GTO WK2 SRT8 Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos/Nitrous 85 06-12-2015 06:17 PM
Ripp Supercharger Yzracer77 WK2 SRT8 Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos/Nitrous 35 08-05-2014 11:08 AM
Leaked: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Priced from $31,480 With New Pentastar V6 Administrator Cherokee SRT8 News 5 05-07-2010 09:57 AM
Leaked: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Priced from $31,480 With New Pentastar V6 jntdysf WK1 SRT8 General Discussion 0 02-02-2010 04:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome