Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Who Drives their SRT as a Daily

33K views 162 replies 97 participants last post by  Passmg2 
#1 ·
Just wondering how many of us use the jeep as their daily driver. I have a company car so I do not. I have a hard time getting myself to drive the jeep when I go places.. A. incliment weather. B. Golf Course C. Company car and Company pays for gas.

So I do not Daily Drive mine

#2 ·
Sereral threads already on this topic. Lots of us DD our jeeps, I even drive mine in the deep snow and ice during the winter months.

#4 ·
Yes except for days with bad snow, nasty road conditions, likelihood of hail, etc. Then we take the 4WD GMC truck. I can go down to the local GMC dealer and buy another equal or better truck any day of the week. Not so likely with the Jeep.

#5 ·
I will be DDing mine again once I leave NYC in 2 months

#6 ·
Since i sold my 08 dodge caliber to my daughter our jeep is our dd now and its racking up the miles now. Our jeep mite as well been the dd as the wife drove the grandkids in it because she felt the dodge was to small.

#12 ·
i daily drive mine also and it's going to hit the 100k mark before this year. i love it except the cost of gas!! :D

#15 ·
Every single day :)

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

#17 ·
Daily drive mine as well... About 50 miles round trip for work... Ha I have other vehicles... I just love driving this jeep! :) and of course if I drive my girls Camry I ALWAYS end up lining up with someone at a light I would absolutely love to destroy in my jeep! So therefore I drive it constantly...

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#18 ·
It's my DD, I've put 40k on it since I got it in 2010. Love to drive it, everywhere... My bank account however, does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#19 · (Edited)
DD mine, take lots of joyrides with it, took it cross country as a work truck before, use it for trips, all around I rack up the miles with it :D wouldn't have it another way.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#20 ·
when im home i DD my Jeep, now that im on deployment the Wife has been using it as he daily cause in her words "she feels safer in it than in her Avenger, cause the jeep has BALLS" had me rolling so looks like im selling the avenger when i get back and getting her something with balls she might get another SRT8 lol.

#22 ·
I DD mine as well for work and play, 1800-2000K miles per month. Not worried about gas, if i wanted to save on gas I would buy a prius....

Reactions: SRT4IVA
#23 ·
Used to DD my 2010 til I got the company truck. Best way to think these beasts are good on fuel is to own an H2 prior...worked for me! Hahaha :)
Remember, SMILES per gallon.

Reactions: SRT4IVA
#25 ·
I have a 90 mile round trip commute... I'm usually doing 80-95 mph on the way to work. So that's the biggest reason I don't DD mine... Plus I'm afraid that someone will ding it at work or at the gym.

I see what kind of abuse my Acura takes as a DD. Can't do something like that to a vehicle I really like.

As I get older, I have been

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.