Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New WK2 - Mineral Gray. Pics!

23K views 116 replies 38 participants last post by  Mongoose9400 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, one thing lead to another and I wound up with this. I'm trading in my 07 for the 2012. I was able to work a deal I felt comfortable with, and decided it was a good decision. As much as I love the looks of my 07 and the tuning and after market support, I felt the 2012 was more practical. I love the slammed look of my 07, but with my cross country travels the lowered stance can be a downfall at times. I guess as I get older, (Only 26 right now), my priorities and needs change. I'm looking towards the future, and I believe the WK2 will do me good for the next 5 years+.

I haven't taken the vehicle yet, more than likely by the end of the week. I didn't want the 3 season tires that were on the WK2, I wanted the all season. I got the dealer to take care of that for me in my deal. I do a lot of all weather driving and prefer the tire designed for it! As much as I love the SRT8 heritage, this is still a jeep. It should be able to tackle the elements haha, and a light off pavement excursion. I feel the WK2, though lacking in a couple things, but nothing is perfect, suits me great! Sure the larger nav would be awesome and some of the tech features it offers, but then again I am more than excited about the nav system in there. It's a step up from my 07, and frankly I don't use it that much anyways. I usually use Garmin on my iPhone 4S anyways.

While I am waiting for the new tires I have begain the mods already. 5% tint was just added today. I am going to be discussion aftermarket alarm support tomorrow and see what I can do about that. I love the Viper Smart Start systems, I run it in my 07. Also, I like having a digital tilt sensor for those wheels. Tomorrow I will figure that out.

Big shout out to Jim (J&D), I'm blaming you for making this happen :cool:

Without further a-du...some pics. Enjoy! :D

Fixing her up a bit.

And...You'll be missed, but never forgot. Every single day I enjoyed this car. I still admire it to this day. I'll catch myself staring all the time. Fair well WK1, it's been real fun :D

See less See more
#4 ·
#6 ·
Nice.....there's no doubt you'll never regret pulling the trigger .some people just don't understand till they see firsthand and ownership is a blast because it grows on you more and more each day!

#10 ·
Got that down deposit to them today, so now it felt more official :)

Reactions: k4u2luz2
#13 ·
Picked up my Black 2012 today, already debaged except for that piece in the back that has Jeep embossed in it. Amazing difference from my 2009.
Need some mods, looking for some ideas?

#14 ·
Nice work! The temps are supposed to get cold around here. Maybe I'll try that freeze off debadging method this time. I'll wear safety glasses, those things come flying off in that video haha.

#18 ·
Looks beautiful. Congrats man!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#19 ·
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I can't wait to get it. I only got to take a quick couple mile drive around the block so far.

#24 ·
sadly I am not. I'm out of state at the moment when I did the trade. My stock hood is in NM. If I could of gotten my hood here easily and cheaply I would of swapped and sold it. But, I couldn't. The dealer is buying the hood. I made them pay for it haha.

#27 ·
I'm getting to it lol. been outside taking some things outta the WK1.

#22 · (Edited)
Wow, 50+ posts already!....looks like you've attracted quite a following Mongoose9400.....must be a slow day in the forum without all the controversy lately :)

Congrats!

Quick question, is 5% tint legal in your state?

#28 ·
5% isn't legal in any US state i believe. But that's how I roll lol. I've been doing it since I was 18 on every car. Never had a problem really. maybe one or twice I've been pulled over for tint. I'd pay the fix it ticket, like $50 and go on about it. I did have a doctors note I used to get out of some tickets when I was younger. Lately though, last 3-4 years, never an issue. Even when being pulled over for say speeding or whatever.

#23 ·
Congrats on your new sweet ride! You are going to love it. Now debadge that BEAST!:D

#26 ·
Huge congrats man! Looks sick!

I actually saw one for the first time today at my dealership...looked amazing.

The 2 things that really caught my eye and loved was:

1. The front facia, hood, lights, lower black piece...just insane looking

2. Loooved how "clean" the interior looked, I was thinking it would have a million buttons and look cluttered but liked how simple the layout was.

#29 ·
It's grown on me more and more every day, that's for sure. I probably sat in it at the dealer for hours test fitting it and playing with stuff lol.

#32 ·
I dig the mineral gray the best. kinda dark, but light. shows the lines.

#33 ·
Zac I drive by the dealers every night/morning 3-4am, on my way home so I swung in took a peak at her with the tint. The cleaning crew was in there so all the lights were on. Looks sexy & way better with that dark a$$ tint on there. Here's a crappy pic I snapped from outside, lots of glare from the window I was looking through.

Jim

Attachments

#34 ·
Saweet. Your finishing work, I'm just getting up for work haha. I hate mornings. I got a Monster drink somewhere with my name on it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#36 ·
Congrats dude, I still love that color. It was a hard choice between that and the red.

Hope you pick it up soon and get some miles on her.

Does 5% match the rest of the Jeep or is it darker?

#37 ·
Everything except the windshield was brought down to 5%. Apply a lighter film over the factory tint on the rear to achieve 5%. Front pass and driver just use 5%.

Having a strip put across the top of the windshield. About the top 4" to have a factory look.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#40 ·
Congratulations its a beauty!

#41 ·
Congratulations Zac. I agree, Jim is a bad inlfuence! LOL. Mineral gray looks very nice. I am sure you will do a nice job of modding it. Keep us posted on what you think. Enjo and be safe will all of the driving that you do.

Mike

Reactions: J&D's SRT's
#47 · (Edited)
Congratulations Zac. I agree, Jim is a bad inlfuence! LOL. Mineral gray looks very nice. I am sure you will do a nice job of modding it. Keep us posted on what you think. Enjo and be safe will all of the driving that you do.

Mike
Hey now, just wait till I take you for a ride next spring. :D

It's actually kind of a funny story. They just got it in a couple days before & I hadn't been over there yet to see it. I wasn't taking it for reasons a few of you know. I just couldn't justifiy it with anything other than just being able to say I have one. Anyways I ran into Zac Monday afternoon & as we were BS'n I mentioned they had it over there to him. He got that look in his eye & said "I might run over there & check it out" I knew right then he would be buying it. LOL Giving that dealer & it being the first one they have gotten it yet, Zac worked himself a very nice deal from what I understand. Oh yeh I did mess with the dealer the next day when I stopped over to see it. I went up to Matt the GM & all pissed off actting said whats this your selling Zac my car. He was all ah um ah um he said you sent him over. Pretty funny.

Jim

#43 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Surprised there is no WK1 vs WK2 bickering in the tread with all the views/posts lol.

I'll keep you guys posted with my view on it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.