Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Traded the Vette in on a SRT!

7K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  2016 Grand Cherokee SRT 
#1 ·
Hey guys. New to the forum and the SRT. In fact, this is the first non sports car I have ever owned. I had to get a 4wd for work and this seemed like the most natural choice! Lol
Picked up my new to me 2016 jeep cherokee srt on Thursday. Fully optioned and crazy low miles. It is flawless. First mod on the horizon is a corsa exhaust which I also had on my vette. Loved it. Look forward to hanging here!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice jeep! Nice Vette! Welcome!

#5 ·
I'm really enjoying it so far. Looking at a corsa or gthaus exhaust. Also looking at wheel tire combos. Probably will do a mopar drop on it as well. Debadging and putting black emblems on it as well. I Havnt seen many pictures of jeeps with my wheels. Was it not a very common option?

#9 ·
Congrats! Thinking of doing the same (sell the c6z and move to an srt). If you don't mind, what did you end up paying for the srt?
I sold my 2008 Z06 for the '16 Jeep SRT. Funny to see so many from the Corvette community making the switch or thinking about making the switch.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Looking at a corsa or gthaus exhaust. Also looking at wheel tire combos. Probably will do a mopar drop on it as well. Debadging and putting black emblems on it as well. I Havnt seen many pictures of jeeps with my wheels. Was it not a very common option?
Those are the lightweight forged wheels. They were standard wheels on the Night edition in 2016 and are flat black in color. I believe they were an option and came in the color you have on your SRT.

#14 ·
Good luck with your new SRT Jeep. It is, indeed, a very cool vehicle. I've had mine for about 9 months, and am extremely happy with it.

As far as C6 (or even C5) interior quality... they were perfectly fine and acceptable when new, and all of us sports car enthusiasts overlook that for a bulletproof drivetrain you can really play with and enjoy...which is the case for those cars, without question.

#18 ·
Not a Vette but I couldn't dream of getting rid of my fun car. Picked up a 2014 SRT as a daily that can tow my Supra when necessary. I didn't want to daily a full size pickup, happy I went with the Cherokee.

#20 ·
Thanks!

It's still factory internals (cams, head studs and all) and just shy of 117k miles now. 72mm turbo and supporting mods with a Pro-EFI stand alone. It made 818/699 and I've been holding off on building the motor until I have issues with the stock internals but so far it's still running strong.

#22 ·
Yeah, it was about 730whp when I bought it and I didn't expect it to last this long. Figured I'd push it a little harder and it's still hanging in there. I'm at 35-36psi right now, afraid to go any further on factory head studs.

I trapped 144 before picking up another 100whp. It won't 60' like a C6 but they're really not bad if you put a set of bias-plies on them. The transmission and rear-end are ridiculously strong as well. Still impressed with SW's 7.91 on a factory trans from 2009.

I'm in Virginia, not too far from MDIR which is a pretty awesome track. It's not uncommon to see DA at -1000 in late fall, saw -2000 at least once.

#23 ·
That's cool...and darn impressive to be making that kind of power, that long, on stock driveline and bottom end. I've always had a ton of respect and appreciated those cars... and have considered getting one because it would be so different than all the of the American muscle I've owned over the years. Good stuff!

#29 ·
Congrats on the SRT. I didn't get rid of my Vette (800HP supercharged GS), but if I had to pick between them for a single vehicle, the SRT Jeep would win. The Jeep SRT is great at so many things: daily driver, highway cruiser, fast off the line and able to put the power down, handles good, stops good, and can even go off-road. My Vette at this point gets drive once or twice a week, and for 1/2 mile and Mile events. I have been seriously thinking about selling the Vette, and trading the SRT in on a new Trackhawk, just waiting to see how crazy the TrackHawk markup/wait will be.

Pics of Jeep from Kebler Pass in Colorado. Vette pics from Three Twisted Sisters in south TX and 1/2 Mile event.

Attachments

#34 ·
C7 Z06 heat issues are primarily on automatic equipped cars when running at track days. Manual cars seem to be ok in most situations, autos seem to be mostly ok on the street or if manually shifted on the track below 85-90 degrees.

#36 ·
Forgot to mention, there are "fixes" available from the aftermarket to let even the automatics be flogged on track in 90+ degree heat. GSpeed and LG Motorsports both offer kits that add additional cooling (similar to what GM is doing on the new ZR1) that will allow even automatic equipped Z06s to be run as hard as you want on a track even in the middle of summer and have zero overheating or reduced power issues. They aren't cheap (around $5K-$10K installed depending on options), but can be retrofitted to any C7 Z06, so opens up the option of buying used and doing the "fix" for less than a new car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.