Joining the SRT family! - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Joining the SRT family!

Hey all,

New member here. Thanks for the help/info in my "how much should I pay" thread! It was very helpful in my purchase decisions.

I ended up looking at two jeeps in person, and five total online. Three were US Jeeps, two were Canadian. The first was a 2014 US Jeep with 9k miles, but the dealer wouldn't move on the $52,900 price, so that was a non-starter. Long story short, it came down to two Canadian jeeps. I ended up driving 4 hours to check out a 2014 with 24k miles after I saw online that it had an Atak exhaust and Injen intake. Mods don't scare me, and neither did the warranty predicament. I have rebuilt modern motors. I bought a 2006 Saleen mustang with 6k miles, and the motor went boom 2,000 miles later that I ended up rebuilding. Stuff happens.

Anyways, they gave me an awesome value on my Rubicon, and came down to $45,000 on the Jeep. It's black, has the big sunroof, premium audio, tow, and black chrome rims. I've only driven it a few times as I caught a bad cold when I got home, but I'm super happy with it so far. I have an email into Jerseyboy about a tune, as I don't know if the previous owner tuned it or not, but want to remove that ambiguity.

Only issue I'm having is that the Nav doesn't want to leave Canada, and shows me in a static location in Vancouver BC. Not sure if I need dealer intervention, need to upgrade something, or what. That, and they put some cheap tires on it . . .

Just wanted to say hello, and am looking forward to enjoying the SRT community (and Jeep itself) more .

Last edited by Sirapoc; 05-16-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 06:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirapoc View Post
Hey all,

New member here. Thanks for the help/info in my "how much should I pay" thread! It was very helpful in my purchase decisions.

I ended up looking at two jeeps in person, and five total online. Three were US Jeeps, two were Canadian. The first was a 2014 US Jeep with 9k miles, but the dealer wouldn't move on the $52,900 price, so that was a non-starter. Long story short, it came down to two Canadian jeeps. I ended up driving 4 hours to check out a 2014 with 24k miles after I saw online that it had an Atak exhaust and Injen intake. Mods don't scare me, and neither did the warranty predicament. I have rebuilt modern motors. I bought a 2006 Saleen mustang with 6k miles, and the motor went boom 2,000 miles later that I ended up rebuilding. Stuff happens.

Anyways, they gave me an awesome value on my Rubicon, and came down to $45,000 on the Jeep. It's black, has the big sunroof, premium audio, tow, and black chrome rims. I've only driven it a few times as I caught a bad cold when I got home, but I'm super happy with it so far. I have an email into Jerseyboy about a tune, as I don't know if the previous owner tuned it or not, but want to remove that ambiguity.

Only issue I'm having is that the Nav doesn't want to leave Canada, and shows me in a static location in Vancouver BC. Not sure if I need dealer intervention, need to upgrade something, or what. That, and they put some cheap tires on it . . .

Just wanted to say hello, and am looking forward to enjoying the SRT community (and Jeep itself) more .

Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2015 Red Be@st, Mopar CAI, BT catch can, wrapped, soon to have Borla ATAK.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 06:53 PM

Congrats brother!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:43 PM

Congratulations. Looks like my '15.....did. Might not be your thing but I debaged the hood, painted the grill and lower valance rings black and vinyl wrapped the side window trim and the Jeep tailgate badge all in black as many others have done. Pretty sinister looking on a black Jeep......
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys!

Yeah I'm considering debadging the hood. I haven't looked at it yet. Is it just 3M'ed on there? If so that'll be quick.

Anyone have any thoughts about the Nav being stuck in Vancouver BC?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:01 PM

Yep, just wrap some stout string, floss or fishing line around the letters and pull. Lots of info on here and Youtube. Vinyl wrapping the side window trim was much easier than I thought too.....
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:53 PM

Have you googled the Nav map update to the states yet? If not the dealer might be your best bet.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint.gillingham View Post
Have you googled the Nav map update to the states yet? If not the dealer might be your best bet.

Guess I'll have to check with the dealer, as I think maps are packaged as North America, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for the US.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 02:33 AM

JerseyBoy

brushed me off saying he only does this part time and it would be a few days before he could get back to me and that was 2 months ago so good luck with that
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 04:34 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Thanked 3,062 Times in 1,817 Posts
Joining the SRT family!

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Cruiser View Post
JerseyBoy

brushed me off saying he only does this part time and it would be a few days before he could get back to me and that was 2 months ago so good luck with that

How is this relevant?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode