Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Pet peeves with your WK2 SRT?

31K views 168 replies 57 participants last post by  pnut 
#1 ·
Any things about your trucks drive you batty?

#2 ·
1) Not being able to shift to Neutral in Off, Acc or On positions. First car I've ever owned that I can't coast down the driveway in before starting, so as not wake up my lady when I leave the house early. And it's annoying having to start the engine just to move the Jeep forward a foot so I can open the tailgate when I've parked too close to the cabinet in the garage.

2) Having the top dog Grand Cherokee but not having the power folding mirrors option that some lower model Grands do, and my last 2 cars have had.

#3 ·
Nothing that drives me crazy but I would prefer manual climate control so you can set the temperature coming out of the ducts to a constant
temperature and leave it there.

The automatic climate control is like a house furnace that turns the heating or cooling off when it reaches a certain temperature.

The seats could use 3 temp settings instead of 2.
The steering wheel would be better with 2 heat settings.

The wipers close when you stop the engine instead of staying up if you want to change the blades.

In autowiper setting none of the intermittent settings work.
Autowiper should be last setting before slow and fast.

No DRL setting that turns off with the vehicle.

However with 475 hp HEMI engine and 8 speed transmission all is forgiven :grin2:0:)

#33 ·
Nothing that drives me crazy but I would prefer manual climate control so you can set the temperature coming out of the ducts to a constant
temperature and leave it there

In autowiper setting none of the intermittent settings work.
Autowiper should be last setting before slow and fast.
I only drive my car in manual mode On climate control so not sure what youre talking about.

The wipers are confusing.

My ONLY real complaint is the oil filter location. Its horrible.

My 14 has had excellent quality maybe i got lucky.

#4 · (Edited)
My 2012 was great on everything and bone stock it was never beat by any bone stocks with the 8 speed at the track. The only thing they had to replace at 18,000 miles was #8 injector as it was hung wide open. It must of been all those 1/8 mile passes at the track lol. It was better overall than my 2007 was but was 302 lbs heavier than my 07 was but had 55 more hp and bone stock on 98 octane was .15 faster in the 1/8 mile than the 07 was on 91 octane.

#6 ·
Good topic!

#1 with a bullet is that damn MDS and the associated drone. Worst I have heard and any vehicle I have ever driven equipped with cylinder deactivation

#2 not being able to turn the damn radio OFF! Instead we get a "mute" button??? So every time I start the car the radio turns itself on. Sometimes I want it off and to stay off!

#3 the scalding hot temperature of the heated steering wheel. Give me a "low" setting like the seats and it would be great

#4 the auto windshield wipers which sometimes work perfectly, and other time (particularly with road spray) seem to forget to activate for extended periods of time

that's all I got for now....

#7 ·
#2 not being able to turn the damn radio OFF! Instead we get a "mute" button??? So every time I start the car the radio turns itself on. Sometimes I want it off and to stay off!
lol wat

What year do you have? Mine has an off button.

#13 ·
Carbon fiber interior trim falling apart in less than a year and 3000 miles. Service adaptive headlights and service shifter messages every time I start the engine and no one seems to know how to fix it. That's it so far on my 2015. I won't even get into the issues I had with my 2014.....

#16 ·
2012 hood leading edge rust bubbles
2012 carbon trim coming loose from door panel
2012 and 2014 lack of folding side mirrors
2012 and 2014 fender flares coming unstuck from the body (my wife's 2014 Summit does the same thing)

#23 ·
I don't know....I'm really happy with mine compared to my 06!
While I enjoyed my 06, it did drive me a bit nuts with a several things.

The only thing that I would have liked for my 17 is the folding mirror option. Really should have been included with the whole package.

Probably would have liked and nice even 500hp from the factory as well.

#25 ·
Only thing I miss from my 08 in the 17 is the adjustable pedals. Still cant get that perfect driving position in the 17 like I had in the 08

#36 ·
Any other setting other than OFF the wipers will be on auto sensing if it rains I believe. I usually turn the knob down if it takes too long to wiper, this speeds up the process.

If you want to control the temp yourself you need to be sure not to have it on AUTO. If that's off you can set in your temp. What I hate is that I can not have the outside air circulation OFF when the A/C is off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.