Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

lets talk cel's for min shall we

924 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  LI-SRT 
#1 · (Edited)
So as most of us know for sure and i have recently learn'd our sport suv's when throw a Cel causes a serious loss in performance and the mofo'n remote starter doesn't work!

one nite few weeks agoo was cool here in S fla and my truck felt amazzingly fast so i did a few 0-60's w a best of 4.7 was my best ever but sure enuff 3-4 xs into it i threw a cel and my best was at times a full sec slower..ughhhh i know the code and cause for the Cel is for the exhaust flaps which i no longer have due to aft exhaust

i have a full Corsa system and just about every time i drive i drive hard but if i really dump the gas and run a few gears i'll most likely throw a cel and then im Sol for a few days w that cel and loss of perf..

Q's

1)can i do something to prevent this ? on my bmw i know there is a set of vacuum lines that needed to be capped and sealed off for some back pressure w turbo's. does my srt have this or something similar to prevent me from throw a Cel ??

2)Is this just something i have to deal w ?

3)why and how is it effect perf the way that it does ??

4)guys running aft exhaust do you have this issue as well ?

thanks in advance

Neil

See less See more
#6 ·
Awesommmmeeeee !!!

thank you so much for posting this , i got the system used from a member here and had it install'd at a local joint im sure its just hanging there im a crawl under tn and see what i can do to fix that shit!

hopefully it'll be the ame as my bmw vacuum lines and gimme more beenzzz!!

thanks again..

Neil

#7 ·
Ok well Fml..

so i went under and the hose that i assumed was just gonna be hanging there was actually plugged in to the exhaust where it should be.. So i said hmmm it was in the dealer for trans case , driveshaft , mounts maybe they plugged it in and its all good get in go hammer dwn and bammm cel again !!

So i sent corsa an email asking if i can buy this barb thingy they speak of maybe im creating to much vaccum for the system , it seem's as if the "barb" these dik's speak of is a restrictor or someshit idfk but i dont wanna cel no more when i hammer gas !!

Neil

#12 ·
Yes the "barb" is the restrictor. It also comes attached to a small piece of vacuum hose and u just plug it in between the stock hose and the port on the exhaust. I'm sure the person installing it thought it was no big deal but it will def throw a light. I would just call corsa and I'm sure the would send u one no problem then it's an easy fix or pay the money for a tune. The benefit of a tune is maximizing any bolt ons u already have like CAI. Just know that the dealer can tell that it has been tuned and that could give the dealer an excuse (probably not depending on what's wrong) if they wanted to get out of fixing something. Just food for thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.