Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Jeep Track Hawk shows its engine & spy shots.

5K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  5000XD 
#1 ·
#6 ·
[QUOTE=Sillyhp;2940329]No fog lights on hellcat either. They say its for cooling[/QUOTE]

This is why the light strips / fogs of the 14-16 should have been kept where they were. This new front end looks too clean and devoid of any interesting lines or breaks (to create visual interest), imho.

#10 ·
This is why the light strips / fogs of the 12-16 should have been kept where they were. This new front end looks too clean and devoid of any interesting lines or breaks (to create visual interest), imho.
Agreed
______

#8 ·
Interesting that they don't have the hood air scoop for the Track Hawk like they have on the Hellcats. Looks like the just have the heat extractors like the regular Jeep SRTs. But they are putting the air scoop and heat extractors on the new Durango SRT. I can't figure these guys out? Kind of like skipping power folding mirrors on the Jeep SRT in North America!

#9 ·
I did a little photoshopping on the front end of the Hellcat Jeep just to see how it would look, extending the 7 opening grill down into the bumper area, as god intended the Jeep grill to be, and have to say that Jeep really needs to go back to this design, similar to the WK1 front end. The larger grill openings would not only help the engine breath better, but would highlight Jeep's signature grill and brand better.

This Dodge-esque front end they've made just doesn't look good (imho) - in fact I think it looks better on the Durango SRT, where the main grill opening isn't reduced in size by the vertical slats like it is on the Jeep.

#12 ·
What they need to do, and they won't, it distinguish it from the base 392. It needs some rocker and lip trim, maybe a different subtle rear diffuser. I wouldn't put some stupid hood on it. Keep it clean. Maybe make the hood inlets larger or specifically design for feeding air - but nothing drastic. At the price range its going to come it at, it needs more interior trim. Special colors, stitching, maybe a specific seat package. Give it its own shifter with a nice logo. Little subtle special trim features. For being closer to $90,000 than $80,000, its going to need something extra to compete with BMW, Range Rover, and Porsche. That's a lot of damn money for an American car. I think the interior on the Jeep SRT is very nice, and not way behind the competition in general, I'm just saying its not on part with other cars once you get into that price bracket.

It won't matter to me anyway. I'd be waiting to buy after it takes the 2 year $30,000 price hit anyway, or just going to get a Panamera Turbo which in a 2014 model, has an interior and driving experience 10x better than pretty much anything on the road even with its fat arse.

#13 ·
Reactions: LI-SRT
#16 ·
Ok so what i kno so far. Its gonna have a different diffuser. It has quad exhaust. They havent said there not doing a different hood. But these are the spy shots.. wouldnt take what u see as the final result. I also heard there will be a front lip. Dont kno anything about interior yet. I agree that they need to distinguish the track hawk from the standard. My guess is they will. They also are thinking of who can afford a 100k car after taxes. Most guys that can afford this price range have alot of different options at this price point. They wanna keep it soft and sleek and sleeper. Now... i dont completely agree. I wanna see some changes. But there putting there changes in the breaks and drivetrain. The breaks are huge!

#21 ·
I honestly really want to like it but I can't get over that tiny ass grill. It looks so god damn dumb! :ugh: :sick: :ack:

Reactions: Heep and GWTSRT
#23 ·
I encourage everyone to wait until it comes in april. I think they are making it look like this on purpose. But well see. I kno if they want my money i need more out of it then a 6.2 because i allready own one of those. Hope for the best skip is waiting to put a twin turbo kit on a track hawk for me. But its gotta look good

#26 ·
Reports now that hp will be over 700, previous reports were under 700 hp secondary to transmission limitations. We'll see soon :)

Reactions: 5000XD
#28 ·
We should start a bracket so we can all guess what kind of numbers the Jeep Hellcat actually hits. Not just hp and torque, but 0-60, ¼ mile, top speed, cornering g's and 60-0 braking. Just make it a friendly bet to see where everyone thinks things will land.

We can all agree they're going to be wicked fast, at least through the quarter mile, but will face the issue with displacement of air at higher velocities, just as they do now. I'll also bet that they'll handle a bit better, as they increase spring rates / shock damping to combat shifts in weight under acceleration / deceleration. Would love to see some carbon ceramic brakes added, just to really push the value compared to BMW and Porsche, but don't expect that to happen, even in the $80-$100k range. Maybe offer up a Mopar aftermarket carbon brake upgrade, for $5k?

#34 ·
We should start a bracket so we can all guess what kind of numbers the Jeep Hellcat actually hits. Not just hp and torque, but 0-60, ¼ mile, top speed, cornering g's and 60-0 braking. Just make it a friendly bet to see where everyone thinks things will land.
Well over at the other forum they are saying that it tested out at 2.9 sec 0-60. Also new revelation about the TH being equipped with a race mode for race courses. My guess for 1/4 mile would be sub 11 secs. This should easily sit between the hellcat and the demon.

#32 ·
Ive never really dealt with the dealer all that much. Ive always had my vehicle torn appart by the time my title comes. As far as buying experience is concerned. If a dealer treats me poorly i dont give them my money. Let the heat die off the track hawk for a while and i think ull get them for 70k. There doing everything they can to get rid of the hellcats out here. It will be the same for the trackhawk. And if ur dead set on warranties and loaner cars i think that the x platform is a much better route.

#35 ·
wow it must have ludicrous mode :grin2:

Reactions: dirtrcr and 5000XD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.