New SRT8 owner / Warranty Questions for you - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

New SRT8 owner / Warranty Questions for you

Hey Everyone -

I am entering a new chapter of my life and am excited for it - married, baby on the way, AND A SWEET 2014 SRT8! (23k miles, Prior owner got every option possible and upgraded the intake and exhaust) How life changes from being single and driving a 2009 Z06 Vette ....My buddy had a WK1 and I was really impressed, so wanting a fast suv, anda car for Lake Tahoe I knew where to go...

Anyway - here are my questions - would love your experience / thoughts. I used to be involved in the vette forums, I promise I have searched looking for these answers but haven't had any luck.

1. The unlimited warranty is no longer an option. What do you recommend? Sounds like the max warranty I can get now is 75k.
2. How many miles on your srt8? any issues?

I have owned 10+ performance cars but never a Jeep so I would really appreciate your 2 cents. Thank you all! SOB (My initials....)
clint.gillingham likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 04:41 AM

Garage
Hi SOB

welcome and congrats to for you new car!
You shoulda kept the Vette somehow. I still have my 911 and its always a pleasure to me to ride the Porsche next to the SRT!!

Greetings from Hambury/Germany !!
thewelshm likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:21 AM

Congrats and great choice! Pics would be awesome. I am getting ready to purchase one as well and would also like some information on warranties. Anyone purchase an aftermarket service contract? Pros and cons? Bet the repair bills for these beasts can get costly in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint.gillingham View Post
Congrats and great choice! Pics would be awesome. I am getting ready to purchase one as well and would also like some information on warranties. Anyone purchase an aftermarket service contract? Pros and cons? Bet the repair bills for these beasts can get costly in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a Jeep except for the brakes i don't forsee things being too expensive like a Porsche cayenne
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 04:44 PM

Congrats on the purchase from a fellow 14 SRT owner. Also have a modded 02 C5 coupe.

Do you have any factory warranty left? When I shopped last Sept for the lifetime warranty on the SRT I was told not available by Chrysler and every dealer. I ended up buying a time/mileage maxcare and it was longer than 75k. There are referrals on this forum that will sell them cheaper than other places. I would only get a maxcare but also keep in mind it does have exclusions in there like the carbon fiber interior piece$.

Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep extended maintenance plans is one.
SicSOB likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

hey all thanks for the comments.

I do have a few months of the warranty left, hence time to shop.

Any contacts for warranties would be appreciated. All the best, Sean

PS - I keep dragging and dropping a pic - but it doesnt seem to want to upload?

Last edited by SicSOB; 03-20-2017 at 05:58 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:05 AM

The 14 has 3 year/36k warranty with a 5 year /100k powertrain warranty. Dont have an extended one myself so in for answers.

Hmm, that site above shows you can get a lifetime warranty on a 14?

Last edited by Smoothie; 03-21-2017 at 02:10 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

the person I spoke to said they did away with them about 6 months ago....I will call again because I am getting close to pulling the trigger and will ask again.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:47 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dba4life View Post
Congrats on the purchase from a fellow 14 SRT owner. Also have a modded 02 C5 coupe.

Do you have any factory warranty left? When I shopped last Sept for the lifetime warranty on the SRT I was told not available by Chrysler and every dealer. I ended up buying a time/mileage maxcare and it was longer than 75k. There are referrals on this forum that will sell them cheaper than other places. I would only get a maxcare but also keep in mind it does have exclusions in there like the carbon fiber interior piece$.

Chrysler Extended Warranty | Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep extended maintenance plans is one.
This is the cheapest place I've found and I've looked in all the corners of the internet and called my local dealers, most of which don't even sell Maxcare! The lifetime option appears to be available on the website as well.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNR32 View Post
...The lifetime option appears to be available on the website as well.
Not trying to be negative just don't want any false hopes floating around...They just didn't pay their webmaster to remove it....Lifetime MVP plans were nixed FCA wide on any SRT vehicle effective 6/1/16...even if they were clueless and still took your money and wrote the Lifetime plan it would be rejected by FCA when a SRT VIN was input/submitted and your money returned.

2015 Bright White JGC SRT Red Vapor...Borla ATAK Cat-back w/ ceramic coated axle-back, aFe Momentum GT Pro 5R Stage-2 Intake & Billet Tech Oil Catch Can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode