Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

'17 Steering Wheel Emblem?

17K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  kobber 
#1 ·
Hey all..... was just browsing photos of the new '17 on autotrader. Noticed that most have the familiar steering wheel with the "SRT" emblem. However, some have a "JEEP" emblem seen below. I don't see anything in the build options referring to this... Any ideas what this has to do with? Maybe Nappa vs Laguna? As far as I remember all wk2's have the "SRT" emblem. (these are Canadian cars also FYI if that makes a difference)

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
My 2017 built 1/14/17 has the SRT cover. I think the jeep plate comes with the extended leather package as the airbag cover is listed as leather. Mine is not leather, nor does it have the package

#13 ·
Just received mine, directly from the truck ! I don't have the extended leather, but my steering wheel cap is "Jeep".....just too bad, everything else is "SRT" just like it should have been from the beginning, except for the steering wheel....

Anyways to swap it ?

#22 ·
I'm just not yet sure where I gonna stick it on both sides: on the lower front doors (like the "Grand cherokee" emblem was originally), or on the front fender, higher. Due to the curve on the front fender, it might not be so nice over there...

#27 ·
Juste received mine, ordered 3 of those gloss black "SRT" emblem. I'm thinking of the lower front hood, replacing the "JEEP" emblem that I already removed, and on each front fender. Where's the best ?

There:

there:

or there ?

#31 ·
I had thought about putting the SRT badge on the hood after I removed the JEEP badge but I could not get a good picture in my mind....If I was to put the SRT badge anywhere it would be where the GRAND CHEROKEE badges were before I removed them. Looks good in my mind..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.