Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

14 vs 15 for DD?

4K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  cfm56 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting a lightly used wk2 for my daily. Originally I was set on gettin a 15 or 16 but I just noticed that I can save about $10k if I get a 14 with similar miles. Are there any big differences I should know about? I kind of like the idea of not having to swap the ecu when I slap a tune on or go FI but damn 14 sounds old.

It's going to be my daily and I'll drive it a lot. My goal is to not over build it like I always do. Maybe just headers, tune and MAYBE entry level, low psi SC.

#2 ·
the 14 might be out of the 3/36 bump to bump warranty if that matters but then a 15 could be too...I personally would want a few k left to get any issues sorted for free but that's me...

Reactions: mikew2069
#6 ·
don't know what numbers/options u r lookin' at but...

I know of a real creampuff '15 that is not really advertised...black, pano, HK, tow, rear DVD, 16k, Scottsdale, no-smoker, garaged, blah, blah, 49k obo...I will be there in a few weeks for my Bondurant 2 day Hellcat HPD course with my son for his 21st birthday and would love to do full inspect/drive with HD video, etc. 1/6-8 (my free days)...I am pretty anal and know what to look for...seller is down with that...it's pretty obvious it's a real cherry if you want a black 15...PM me if you want more info....a specialty transport I used can get it to you for $795 open trans or $1,395 closed trans....just sayin'

Reactions: mikew2069
#10 ·
yeah, its not a spend money on it feature, just icing if a 15 ends up your choice...actually w/STOP falls short of full utility like stop lights, etc...can't remember if 16 or 17 got the full stop w/ indefinite hold but one did....PM me if you want the info on the Scottsdale 15...

#25 ·
I've got a '14 I use as a daily driver and I absolutely love it. Would the ACC w/STOP be nice, sure. Is it worth passing up a good deal on a '14 if you find one, absolutely not. As for the acoustic glass, the 14 is already plenty quiet enough, so that shouldn't matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.