Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New 2017 beside my 2016

12K views 64 replies 32 participants last post by  LI-SRT 
#1 ·
Looked nice, and I liked the front fascia changes. Thought I'd post =)

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks for posting the side-by-side.

I like the lower part of the front fascia of the new '17... big opening at the bottom looks good. The narrow air vents near the top of it, right in the center... uh, not so much. I assume that is some engineering for additional cooling that will be a benefit for the Hellcat Jeep later on.

#17 ·
I think the '17's look like FCA was trying to turn the Jeep into a Dodge Charger. The front end, which improved the layout on the lower fascia, although the fog lamps look tacked-on and the all black trim just seems to turn into a black hole of nothingness - especially so with high contrast paint colors of white and red.

Personally, I would have gone the other direction and exaggerated the 7 opening grill, expanding it further down into the space where the bumper is. Perhaps they went the other direction because so many automakers have been creating large opening main grills, but I love the historical connection the 7 openings convey and think they could have used this element more. It would have been much easier to draw in more fresh air this way too.

#20 ·
Just got my 17 and love it.
16 looks amazing too.
I agree in the more agressive look with the 17.
I had a 13 for a very short period of time back in 2014. And the ride quality feels much different(probably because it was used vs new).
Any who all SRTs are amazing.

Attachments

#22 ·
I actually like the newer front end. The bigger scoop at the bottom just gives it a meaner look and ties it in a little closer with the other SRT models. However, I just can't get past those holes in the upper bumper under the grill. They just look strange to me and the LED lighting looks like something they just slapped on at the dealer after-market.

So the 16 has the cleaner look, the 17 has the angrier look. I like both but if I had to pick one I'd probably still stick with the 16.

#25 ·
I like the updates. They are different, mostly good, but I don't believe they are worth paying a premium over a gently used 2014-2016 model year.

The changes to the lights are kind of cool, and I like how they separated the front lip a bit. It breaks it up. I don't really care for the holes in the bumper, and I seriously doubt they would be functionally useful based on how air travels over the surfaces of a car. It looks a little aftermarkety. I don't hate it, but we are being picky in this thread!

#26 ·
I don't mind the air inlets in the bumper, i think it gives it a more aggresive look. The premium over a used one is only worth it if you want a new car with a new car warranty. And considering what they were asking for a 16, a new 17 with a discount was the better choice. The cars are 97% the same. The new one is better with no chrome and the updated look.

#27 ·
You can get a 2014-2015 for well under $50,000 fully loaded with under 20,000 miles. Add the 7 yr/100k Mopar warranty and you're good other than the cosmetic things that aren't covered.

A 2016-2017 is going to be $15-25k more. That is a LOT of money for a front bumper update, and some uConnect toys! You could actually almost buy his and her 2014 Jeep SRT for the price of a 2017!

#42 ·
Fairly sure the intake Kia design was only available for the V6 model Kmaroes. Owned 3 over the years. The IROCS are Starting to go through the roof the pricing

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.