Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Dog owners..

4K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  X-Treme 
#1 ·
How has the wk2 interior held up to the treatment of man's best friend? I currently have a Raptor and my year and a half old 85lb rottweiler goes everywhere with me. The rear area has held up really well to her abuse. Have a cover on the seat and a heavy rear mat. Besides dog hair would never know she rides back there. But I am worried about the better quality materials and leather on the doors of the wk2 taking a beating from her. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks much.

#7 ·
Thanks for posting. So she rides on the rear seat and you just have a heavy cover? That is what I was planning to do as well. Just somewhat worried about the entry and exit and also she rides with her head out the window so paws on the armrests. Probably will just buy one and see what happens. Starting to overthink it.

#9 ·
Love my SRT and I keep it meticulously maintained. That being said, my pitbull comes everywhere with me - assuming he's allowed to go! My night edition has Laguna leather and it's no joke soft.

I have a special dog proof cover that drapes over the backseat with the Mopar all weather mats. I vacuum and wipe down the leather a couple times a week. Monthly, I add leather conditioner.

I also got a "Jeep"center console cover - since that cover is leather and my dog likes to sit in the back and put his paws on the center console to look out the window.

No punctures on any part of my leather at this point.

#11 ·
Love my SRT and I keep it meticulously maintained. That being said, my pitbull comes everywhere with me - assuming he's allowed to go! My night edition has Laguna leather and it's no joke soft.

I have a special dog proof cover that drapes over the backseat with the Mopar all weather mats. I vacuum and wipe down the leather a couple times a week. Monthly, I add leather conditioner.

I also got a "Jeep"center console cover - since that cover is leather and my dog likes to sit in the back and put his paws on the center console to look out the window.

No punctures on any part of my leather at this point.

Man, you're serious about your detailing. I wish I had time to vacuum and wash my seats twice weekly. I'm lucky if it gets done once between my three times yearly professional detail.

2015 SRT

#16 ·
Mine is a daily driver, and my 2 dogs (25lbs) go to work with me every day.
They ride in the cargo area.
Canvasback liner for the back of the seats and bottom of cargo area (1 piece) along with 2 individual Canvasback side pieces to cover fabric sides.
Weathertech bottom mat also
In addition, we protect the plastic side trim by taking several pieces of 3M heavy duty velcro and applying it to the bottom edge of the back windows (including rear hatch) and attaching a towel (with sewn-in matching velcro strips) so that it drapes down over the plastic trim.

Works like a charm for daily driving, and road trips a like.

You could use the same concept on the windows (wouldn't be able to roll down though) with the velcro and towel for back door arm rest protection - but would probably need a hefty amount to hold up against a big dog.

#21 ·
I have 4 Siberian Huskies that go with me to work every day. I have the rear seats folded down and a barrier that ties to the headrests of the front seats. I have a Weathertech cargo mat in the rear and then a larger Weathertech cargo mat (from my 2015 Infiniti QX56) on the back of the folded down rear seats so the entire back is covered. I get it washed from a guy that comes to my work once a week. Best part about this Jeep is the fact that I can run the engine with the air on and lock the doors if I need to go in to the store or something ! Can't find that in many more vehicles out there any more...

#29 ·
I learned that the hard way once when I first got my Jeep and I used the remote start and left them in there for about 30 minutes when it was very hot out...came to find out the Jeep shuts off after a certain amount of time...almost lost my dogs...this is why it's a very big deal...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.