Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

16 or 17

3K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  aaronj 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a new SRT in the next couple weeks or so, Cant decide if I should get the 16 with a night package or a standard 17, I can get the 17 for $66,800 yet to negotiate a price on the 16 night but I'd be aiming for around 68-69 as the MSRP is $75,760.

Does the Night pack warrant the extra money over the 17?

#2 ·
The 2017 models seem to be less than 2016 models. I have been to a couple dealers (while getting service) and the 1 (one) 2016 is more expensive than all 3-4 2017s on the lot. Not that this helps answer your question, just what I've noticed.
I like the night package. To me, it's worth the $2995 added to the sticker. It includes satin badges, painted roof, light weight satin wheels, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I got a good deal on a 2017, so went with that instead of the 16
Like the all black,no chrome look in the 2017 as standard stuff.
I specifically looked for one with no options, Upgrade brakes, leather, and sound all for 10K extra wasn't worth it to me.
Mine has the sunroof only. $66k out the door.
It's purpose is for a daily driver all season vehicle, close to 80k for a jeep was hard to swallow.

#7 ·
Thats the same price I can get the 16 at, Can get the 17 Night for 70,000. Still not sure its worth the extra. I prefer the wheels which would cost over 2-3k to buy i imagine, so then I'm left thinking that a grand for the extra touches, i.e. premium sound, black out grill etc isn't too bad.

#8 ·
Had the same option come up - I went with the 2016 Night edition in Pearl. I just thought it was a better looking SRT, but they're all pretty awesome! The night package has a few things extra, as you noted, if you're looking for something to differentiate you from the other SRTs until you decide to do after market changes.

I also just really liked the roof and the black satin wheels. Good luck!

#13 ·
I ended up buying a used 14 (didn't want to part with other toys to buy new)

Anyhow, all the dealers I went to(when I was looking for new) were asking for mark ups above the sticker price....the cheap part of me just couldn't ever pay over sticker for anything.

#27 ·
Dealer came down to 69k, thats with the panoramic roof, Harmon Kardon etc so fully spec'd.

The 17 with no Harmon Kardon, No leather was $66,700 iirc, so for the extra $2300 I get the wheels I like, Harmon Kardon, full leather which is ideal as I have 2 small children and spillage is a common occurrence and the nice painted roof and spoiler.

#30 ·
Look, all things being equal, cars are just typically not great investments - especially new. But if you really like it, and you're excited about it, you won't regret it. I had a VERY hard time shelling out that kind of money, but I'm absolutely thrilled with mine. Having a car that I now get excited to drive every time I step in it is something I've never experienced before. I hate making the monthly payment, but the fun of the car makes up for it! Good luck. I think mine was $68k and change, so for what it's worth, you're not losing out on more than $1k relative to my purchase.

#31 ·
Yes, I agree cars don't typically make great investments but I enjoy having a nice car to get from a-b etc for me its hard to swallow 69k plus tax but it is what it is. This car is a want not a need. I went back to my local dealer today and they had a black night minus moonroof for 75k msrp, I then told them about another locallish dealer that had one fully spec'd for 69k they said we can price match that. I told the sales guy I'm not paying the same money for a car thats got less equipment, they were not willing to go lower so i walked away. Will be making the drive tomorrow to collect the Night hopefully. I just can't come to grips with the wheels on the 17, and I love the charcoal grey and black roof/spioiler combo makes it look mean as hell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.