Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Jeeps Hacked and Stolen

10K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  Hemi Cruiser 
#1 ·
#4 ·
They still have to break into the car, or the dumbass owners left them unlocked.

#6 ·
I've read that it is related to the wifi connection within the car. I looked at the details on one of the software updates that was done to my Jeep as a recall and it looks like it addresses this vulnerability:

SOME 2013-2015 MY VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH SPECIFIC RADIOS HAVE CERTAIN SOFTWARE SECURITY VULNERABILITIES WHICH COULD ALLOW UNAUTHORIZED THIRD-PARTY ACCESS TO SOME NETWORKED VEHICLE CONTROL SYSTEMS. A SUCCESSFUL EXPLOIT OF THIS SECURITY VULNERABILITY COULD RESULT IN UNAUTHORIZED REMOTE MODIFICATION AND CONTROL OF VEHICLE SYSTEMS. FCA US HAS NOT MADE A DETERMINATION THAT THIS SECURITY VULNERABILITY CONSTITUTES A DEFECT. ALTHOUGH FCA US HAS NOT DETERMINED THAT A DEFECT EXISTS, IT HAS DECIDED TO CONDUCT A REMEDIAL CAMPAIGN AS A SAFETY RECALL IN THE INTEREST OF PROTECTING ITS CUSTOMERS. EXPLOITATION OF THE SOFTWARE SECURITY VULNERABILITIES COULD LEAD TO EXPOSING THE DRIVER, THE VEHICLE OCCUPANTS OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL OR VEHICLE WITH PROXIMITY TO THE AFFECTED VEHICLE TO A POTENTIAL RISK OF INJURY.

#15 ·
WHAT?!? I don't even have a key. Well, I do, but it is inside the remote..
All of us have remote start. Picture of your remote? Should look like this

I want to find someone to add a 6th button to this to roll all the windows down as well as the roof
IMSAYIN

#14 ·
All of us have remote start. Picture of your remote? Should look like this

I want to find someone to add a 6th button to this to roll all the windows down as well as the roof

#17 ·
Hit the x2 button on the right twice. If that doesnt work, unlock and lock it then try. If that doesnt work, touch the inner door handle, then lock it and hit the x2 button twice

You can see how picky mine is...

#18 ·
I just hit the button with the 2 that has an arrow circling it twice.

#20 · (Edited)
I want to find someone to add a 6th button to this to roll all the windows down as well as open the roof
My 2004 Lincoln LS had a feature where if you held down the unlock button for 3 seconds it would roll down all the windows and the sunroof.

Holding the lock button down for 3 seconds would roll all the windows up and close the sunroof.

My 2002 Corvette has an aftermarket module called a Window Valet that plugs into the OBD2 port and does the roll up and down by pressing the lock or unlock button 3 times.
Very convenient to put the roof up and down in a convertible.

#23 ·
My 2004 Lincoln LS had a feature where if you held down the unlock button for 3 seconds it would roll down all the windows and the sunroof.
I had a 2004 Lincoln LSE, and it was one of my all-time favorites whips. Rear-wheel, 280HP, 50-50 front/rear weight distribution... Plus had cool tech for it's era -- was one of the first cars I knew of that had heated and cooled seats, touchscreen CD/NAV... Loved it dearly until wintertime came.

But yeh, the LSE, my Acura TL and my Benz E550 all had/have the same feature where you press unlock twice on the key fob to drop the windows and open the sunroof, and vice versa. As a matter of fact, I remember my 2001 Caddy Eldorado having it as well. It sure isn't a new feature. Surprised the Jeep doesn't, but can't say I care because I never really used it. What I do miss is that the rear doors don't have the touch sensitive handles for unlocking with the proximity feature like the front doors. Almost seems like a design oversight.

#25 · (Edited)
I had a 2004 Lincoln LSE, and it was one of my all-time favorites whips. Rear-wheel, 280HP, 50-50 front/rear weight distribution... Plus had cool tech for it's era -- was one of the first cars I knew of that had heated and cooled seats, touchscreen CD/NAV... Loved it dearly until wintertime came.
I added the limited slip mod to a Gen 1 Diff and Axles
skirt kit and Angel Eyes and HIDs, CAI, SCT Tune, LSE Grille and Tail lights.

Drove it through 7 winters (with the limited slip and 200 lbs sand in trunk and 4 snowtires on winter wheels was ok) then one day in the 2015 winter I spun it out on the highway after the on ramp.
Luckily I didn't hit anyone or go into the ditch and was able to restart it turn around and continue home 0:)

After that for last winter I got a 2013 V6 AWD Venza in October as a winter car which I modded with a skirt kit, classic grille and lower springs then gave it to my wife which led to the SRT.
It's my new winter car :wink2: with benefits >:)

Previous winter car and daily driver now dead.

SC manual 6 speed 600 hp summer fun car with 300 hrs of mods including color change.

#27 · (Edited)
Yes first thing I did was paint my Fugly black Goliath wheels silver
until I get my full chrome Spyder wheels.

IMO being 57 yrs old black wheels are for the police car or budget look :x
Only my wheels are chrome not the pillars and so forth.
To me an all blacked out car looks like a car version of a woman in a Burka :laugh:
The Venza silver door molding is factory.
The door pillars are CF not chrome.
I have CF tail light accents on my Vette now.
Anyways all kidding aside isn't it great how we have a market where these things are available so we can choose for ourselves the styles we like to personalize our vehicles.

Why do you keep advertising the iphone?
I turned off that sent from my iphone (or Android) message years ago.

#32 ·
I know,I. Going to get destroyed for this statement but ... I actually have never liked the look of carbon fiber... It's always been to me just.. Ehh.. I get its lighter and all. I'm old school I guess. I'd rather if I needed to,go carbon.. Then have it color coded so,it blends better...

But that's what makes choices a great thing.. Why they make and sell cars, cloths and everything else in different colors/styles.. Everyone has their own tastes..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.