Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Jeep Hellcat SRT

39K views 296 replies 46 participants last post by  LI-SRT 
#1 ·
Okay now will there be a 2017 Hellcat Jeep ?
When will order banks open ?
I am ready to pull the trigger and place a order.

CP

#7 ·
Cherry Blossom Pink Clearcoat is a new color you might consider :x

Reactions: Jfra
#10 ·
Where did you hear this? The Jeep SRT is their best selling SRT model, why would they axe it? Also, if they do a Hellcat Jeep for the 2018 model year it'll be a one and done thing because 2019 will be completely redesigned. I'm thinking we won't see a Hellcat Jeep this generation.

#13 ·
I'm not buying it. Forcing repeat buyers of their best selling SRT (which it's main selling points are its performance and practicality) to purchase something totally impractical with 700 plus horsepower and a starting price of 90k plus? That would be a complete bonehead move on Chrysler's part. We'll see I guess.

#18 · (Edited)
I try to never say never, but I'm not sure I'd buy any V6 (TT or not). I like the big V8's either naturally aspirated or supercharged. I have a 2015 GC SRT now but since I buy a new high performance vehicle every 18 to 24 months, if Jeep drops the big V8 before the Trackhawk comes out, I'll find something else.

#19 ·
The smaller displacement motors are coming (much like winter) and sometimes you just have to try it before you turn your back on it.

Personally I went with the 6.2 in my F150 instead of the EcoBoost. But now that the Raptor is coming with a Gen2 Eco... I need to consider it.

#20 ·
Here are the facts, again:

1. It was always to be a 2018 model, released around July 2017. Nothing has changed
2. The Trackhawk name and it's designation has been very fluid within SRT and Jeep. What that means is at one point:
a. Trackhawk (TH) was going to replace SRT. That means there would be a 2017 TH Jeep, with 6.4 power. And in 2018 there would be a TH Jeep with 6.4 power, and a TH Hellcat Jeep with 6.2.
b. TH was going to be a package on the 2017 SRT Jeep. What all was included we don't know
c. SRT would remain on the Jeep and in 2018 there would be a Hellcat powered Jeep called the Trackhawk.

What happened was too many people were confused, including employees at SRT, and SRT wised up and realized it was a dumb idea to drop SRT off the Jeep brand. So now, factually, there is a 2017 SRT Jeep. The latest I've heard is that 2018 will be Hellcat powered only, which I hope is true. Allegedly it could be called the Hellcat SRT Jeep, or it could be called the Trackhawk. From my perspective, it would be wise to have the Jeep called the Jeep SRT Hellcat for name recognition, and then offer up a Trackhawk package for handling etc. (Think TA package on Viper and now Charger and Challenger)

#22 ·
impressive as the smaller displacement, twin turbo cars are...I owned a Ford Raptor before the Jeep. The raptor is going to a twin turbo v6 & that really pissed off many people. The rest of the new Raptor is incredible, but the ecoboost really pissed many off. I think it'd be a bad idea to swap to a twin turbi v6 platform for the SRT jeep just because a large portion of the consumer base has the V8 mentality. Maybe bring in an option underneath the SRT with the V6 turbo.

Again, not saying it's a bad idea power wise or efficiency wise..from an engineering standpoint it's a great idea. There's a conflict though from a marketing standpoint, the "eco" movement & V6 Turbo is becoming popular, but there's also a large consumer base that favors a NA big displacement engine such as the 6.4L in the Jeep or 6.2L (Complete shit SOHC 2V engine) in the Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Apparently dealers are taking deposits on these? A guy in Omaha on another forum Im on said an SRT dealer took his deposit on the Trackhawk. They didnt have any info but they took his money

#27 ·
As much as I love the hemi, I don't think a twin turbo v6 SRT anything would be a bad mood. I love my V8's...but....

For that matter, why not offer a lower displacement V8 twin turbo like the Germans?

Well one argument is cost and repair costs. There is something to be said for the cross-platform utilization of a pushrod V8 in forced and non-forced induction versions.....its not like Ford, GM, and Chrysler are having trouble selling them, its just that any manufacturer can't makes its bread and butter selling premium performance cars.

If Fiat does away with big V8 SRT, it will be because they are trying to reduce the number of engines types between their cars. I guess we will see if its a bad move. It sounds like they a pushing to remove the SRT from the Jeep line anyway, as well as diminish the SRT as a standalone brand. I'm not sure that's a good direction to go for MOPAR, but a lot has changed....

#29 ·
FCA removed SRT from the Jeep brand back in 2014, with their 5 year plan. A foolish move given sales of the JGC SRT has been their best selling version, but it doesn't make sense for the Jeep brand overall, unfortunately. The fact that Dodge is working on several awd Challenger / Charger options, shows they recognize the value of putting all the power to use, which the Jeep SRT does in spades, at least shows FCA is working in the right direction.

For everyone that has a thing for the JGC SRT, be prepared to buy one of the last ones, because 2018 is going to be the end, and it's going to be called a Trackhawk, unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.