Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Sold the Jeep

6K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  5000XD 
#1 ·
Well, the time has come. I sold the SRT8 last night. I'll drop the jeep off tomorrow and pick up the new ride. I traded the Jeep in and got a 2015 Ford F-350 (diesel) SRW long bed, Platinum trim.

I haven't been active on the forum in the last couple years. Life has been very very busy. I'll miss the Jeep and will be sad to see it go, but I think it was an opportune time to get out while I was still ahead.

I've been wanting a truck for a while and knew my next purchase would be one.

#2 ·
Best of luck with the new ride. Thanks for all of your contributions over the years. Including racing Jim up and down DuPont Road WK1 vs WK2 :)

Reactions: Mongoose9400
#3 ·
Thanks man. It's be fun. I'm sure I'll still poke around the forum. I'm curious to see if the hellcat jeep ever comes to market. Maybe then I'll make a return....

#4 ·
It has been awhile since we have seen a post by you. Glad you are still doing well. Good luck with the new vehicle.

#8 ·
Well. Multiple factors.

Defiantly not unhappy with the Jeep. I feel a truck will better suit my needs as my life continues.

The Jeep was holding up well, but had a couple issues. A lot of the carbon fiber trim was starting to delaminate, passenger seat backing broke a clip or two, and I was starting to get a couple random electrical issues. All the above should be covered under my warranty, but I felt it best to move on.

Maybe somebody knows. My jeep every once in a while wouldn't crank over. Starter would go for like 15 seconds and time out. Sometimes is get a message on the EVIC saying "remote start disabled" after a failed start attempt. I had the jeep not recognize the key one time. The Jeep never left me stranded, but I felt there may be an electrical gremlin starting to poke its head up.

So, from basically a few issues needing addressed I figured I'd walk away while I could still get a good price for the jeep before more new models come out. Basically, timing was just right. I had to get my license transferred to Texas finally, move my insurance, get a truck that would pass Texas inspection, sell my jeep while I still can for profit, and my insurance is just about to renew. It really seemed like the best time to pull the trigger and switch. Plus I got a great deal on the truck and came out $1k below what I wanted for trade.

I'll be keeping my eyes out for the hell cats!

First, I have my wedding to pay for. About 5 months away....

Reactions: mondo
#6 ·
Congrats on the truck. I've been toying with the idea of moving to Ram 3500 srw diesel myself. It's definitely more practical owning a pickup.

#9 ·
I do like the Rams a lot, but hate their tow mirrors. If ram did a mirror like ford I'm sure if go ram.

#7 ·
Good luck in your future endeavors Zac. I'm sure you will be back when the Hellcat Jeep comes out, as most people will LOL. I will leave you with a popular saying by one of our members "They always come back" :D

#11 ·
Well sucks to see ya go as you have been more then helpful on several occasions with your "How to's"! LOL But congrats on the new purchase... You gonna have any WK2 aftermarket parts for sale?

#12 ·
I traded it as is.

Reactions: RBugnitz
#13 ·
Sorry to hear you go!

Be sure to post some pics of the 350! Those diesel's are no slouch with a just a tune.

Have fun saving for the wedding, my wife and I were saving before I even proposed! One hell of an expensive party for everyone else to enjoy, lol.

#14 ·
Sorry to hear you go!

Be sure to post some pics of the 350! Those diesel's are no slouch with a just a tune.

Have fun saving for the wedding, my wife and I were saving before I even proposed! One hell of an expensive party for everyone else to enjoy, lol.

I'll post some pics up when I pick it up tomorrow.

Yeah, the wedding is almost all paid for at this point. So that is nice. I can't wait for the honeymoon!

#18 ·
I would have left LA part out of that list, lol.

#19 ·
Haha, I'm doing a package deal out of LA. So we will just spend one night in LA since we will fly from Dallas. I've been to Cali plenty, but the fiancé hasn't. So we will just spend the day at like Hollywood or something. I'll have a nice room on the water at the Ritz. It's just a pit stop on the way to the South Pacific.

#20 ·
Well, the time has come. I sold the SRT8 last night. I'll drop the jeep off tomorrow and pick up the new ride. .
I truly appreciate your contributions to the forum! Most of your post got me in line for mods to my own truck once i got it!

#24 ·
In the larmire longhorn you can get the power folding flip out mirrors. I agree I hate when people flip the mirriors out I have always been a dodge/cummins guy but now they are kinda the ricers. I couldn't buy anything other than ram at this moment while they still offer a 6 speed.

#25 ·
The Ram is nice. I have to agree with the mirror situation. I don't really care though, I leave mine flipped up. I don't care what it looks like. I'm used to the convex mirror being on the bottom. With having a cdl and driving a bucket truck every day, convex mirrors are on the bottom. So it was kind of disturbing to look over and see the convex on the side. Couldn't get used to it....lol

#26 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Pickup truck
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Tire

Couple quick pictures of the new ride.

#28 ·
Hey man just saw your thread. Sorry to see you go but good luck with everything. That honeymoon sounds like it will be amazing! And good lookin truck!

#30 ·
Anyone know of a good ford diesel forum for new trucks?

#36 ·
#39 ·
Sadly it's been a while since I've logged in. Life has been extremely busy and isn't slowing down.

So what are the cliff notes on the Hellcat/Trackhawk Jeep? This is what I'm waiting for. Maybe I'll return then.

#40 ·
Busy is good man! Just be sure to hit the brakes once in a while to think things over.

Hellcat Jeep cliff notes, I honestly have none, just wild guesses, close to 100k USD, will be pretty quick if it happens. I honestly have lost hope in the Jeep brand and their so so customer service and silly ass dull branding. Slowly moving my sights to Dodge, that brand is becoming much more exciting. Now with the Dodge Demon SRT and maybe a Dodge Durango SRT in the works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.