Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

roof rails for srt?

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  mylittleburro 
#1 · (Edited)
Need to get a set of roof rails for the jeep (2014). Anywhere online I can buy them?

EDIT-- I've gone through previous posts, look like it's not settled whether roof rails/cross bars can be used on the srt?
Is this correct?

#3 ·
what is the part number? I'm finding cross bars for use with "chrome bright side" bars, which I don't believe I have ... any help?

#4 ·
any thoughts on this? After doing more research, I'm still confused ... what is everyone using for their srts?

#6 ·
ugh.. ok, mistype in the title then. I'll start a new topic with the correct title.
What part numbers?
Based on search on the forum, it looked like you couldn't get crossbars for the srt...

#7 ·
for my 2014 SRT, I used JEEP part numbers 55079172AI-M and 55079173AI-M for the 'chrome bright side' rails. I pulled the existing black plastic covers and these installed right in their place - no fuss, no muss, no drilling. just a little bit of futzing to make sure the front and rear bolts were at the right depth. These rails are available from multiple sources online.

I then bought RinoRack cross bars that fit these rails.

#12 ·
I can also verify that you can use the Yakima Whispbars with fit kit k624. I have the Whispbar HD T16 width. I used them on my previous SUV and the fit kit for it used a metal plate that attached into the metal rail. The fit kit for the Jeep just bolts right into the rail bolt holes so the rail isn't needed. If you go with a different brand crossbar though, the bright side rail might be needed. I dunno though.

#13 ·
Wow - this is an old post but I just picked up a 2014 SRT and had the same questions about the roof rack. Fortunately I have a '12 Overland and it looks like from the MOPAR part numbers listed, I can swap out the roof racks before I trade in the car! JEEP part numbers 55079172AI-M and 55079173AI-M - universal for '11-'17 WK2. Thanks for the info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.