Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

AEM and Trinity Problems

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Pty SRT-8 
#1 ·
I am having no luck getting the AEM Wife Band and the Trinity to communicate properly. I can only asu,e that I have a bad sensor. The numbers on the gauge are consistantly different than the Trinity numbers.

#6 · (Edited)
If your Trinity is showing 4.6 Volts at idle then something indicates to me that the wideband sensor could be wrong. Because the sensor would almost be maxed out. Is this the only output the wideband sensor has Tom? I would so make sure that I do in deed have a good ground and would also Rig something up so that I could mearsure the actual voltage with a Multi Meter. For me a 4.6 volts would be around 18 to 22 AFR as my high number is 22.39 AFR on my Innovate. For me in crusing mode I usually see low 14's for AFR and at wWOT I see low 12's to high 11's for AFR. My 0 Volts is equal to 7.35 AFR and my 5 Volts is equal to 22.39 AFR.

#8 ·
When I first start it it is about a 14 then within 15 seconds the gauge goes to 18 19 and the Trinity follows it. If I use the 10 and 19.98 in the Trinity setup the Trinity consistantly show 2-3 higher than the gauge.

#9 ·
Well this is kind of why I bought an actual gauge as well so that I could make sure the Trinity is in Sync with the gauge. If the ground for the output of the wideband on the the same as all the other grounds related to this AEM wideband, then I would seriously consider getting a new wideband sensor as this one looks to be faulty Tom. There is not much else it could be.

#12 ·
Nice find Wade! I wonder if when he does a Free air Calibration the gauge will tell him if the weideband sensor is good or bad. Its quite possible he does not have a gauge though and is only using the one on the Trinity. He can still do this test and just observe the voltage on the Trinty and see the same results.

#13 ·
Mine did the same dude, it was off until proper values were entered. Its either 10-18 or 10-19.98, don't rermember but it was good after

#16 ·
You guys are reading too much into this. The ONLY numbers you should care about are at WOT and that's it. Who cares if they're off while driving around the street. It really doesn't matter. The whole point of a wideband is for WOT. Start a log with the Trinity and hold it in 2nd at 40. Nail it and watch your Gauge. Then go back and look at the log and see if it matches. If it does, and it should, you're fine.

I cut my sampling rate down on my Innovate to 1/64 from INSTANT. It helped some but they're still not perfect with each other. WOT is though.

#17 ·
On the Innovate LC-1 I have mine set to 1/12 sample rate bro and mine reads in sync with my XD-16 gauge... AS for the AEM guys you will have to look in your manual to determine what the low number is and what the high number is. When the Spring arrives I am going to do a Free Air calibration just to make sure mine is still accurate..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.