Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Mopar tcm?

7K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  2quic4u 
#1 ·
So guys just upgraded to the mopar tcm, I'm also running a predator canned tune for now. I got on the pedal and 1st shifted at 5800 and 2nd at 6200, I raised the rev lim +500. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
Think it only works if you have a Trinity.

#3 ·
You have to install it in a LX car and have to shift points raised then remove the tcm and install it in your jeep.

#5 · (Edited)
You can raise shift points with the Trinity and Predator it's just a matter of having the correct crom file for either hand held tuner. Once loaded you can raise the shift Points on the Mopar TCM while connected to your Jeep.

Reactions: rubensrt8 and cmn1
#8 ·
Thanks knuckles I guess I need to update my predator because I don't see the shift points option.

Thanks everyone else or the help, I read about the paramount tcm but I don't wanna spend 1k on it haha but thanks for the advise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
What Jose said. Pushing the hard sell, Brian. :D

Sent from a place

#12 ·
Sorry. Was gonna post back I saw the answer. I finally pulled a Back up with with mptcm installed so I don't have to switch back and forth after every tune upload. I read that was only way not to brick. Was trying to be lazy.

#25 ·
The tcm would shortshift the 1-2 shift, which kinda sucked. In regular drive the thing just didnt drive right to me, if you were crusing along at a certain speed & you hammered it & would respond slow like it didnt know what gear to grab. it drove so much better in auto stick.

The bluetops were awesome shift wise. Although they did make the trans very clunky sounding, but i was used to that. My old jeep had this clunk at low speeds that wouldnt go away & noone could seem to figure out so i really wasnt bothered by the added sounds lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.