Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Castrol Raceway: August 10, 2012 - Meet, Greet & Race

9K views 75 replies 18 participants last post by  MattSRT 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone interested in getting together on August 10th up at Castrol Raceway? A few of us from Calgary have expressed interest so I think we'll be making the drive up regardless. It'd also be a good opportunity for the southern guys to meet some of the other members from up north.

1. YYCSRT8
2. Chevsux
3. mrsatellite
4. LAFNGAS
5. Poutine
6. kmartel

See less See more
#2 ·
So mad I can't make this. Going through drag racing withdrawl. God help the next pony car that messes with me.:mad:

#4 ·
I will be there, it would be nice to see a good Jeep turn out.

#5 ·
no love for the central guys, throw me up on the list

#9 ·
I'll be camping this weekend in Radium so got to pass on this one guys. Have a good time and run some fresh PB's! Looking forward to hearing the results too!!

#12 · (Edited)
On the off chance that I can make it.
What time is everyone leaving calgary?
I will be leaving between 1 & 2, so I get there in time to clean off the bugs and let it cool down some, before tech.

I'm interested, never been to anything like this but sounds fun. Where does everyone meet?
It is great fun, Castrol Raceway is WEST of Nisku towards Devon. We usually meet up in or around the tech area. Here is a link for the track.

http://www.castrolraceway.com/

#11 ·
I'm interested, never been to anything like this but sounds fun. Where does everyone meet?

#20 ·
If I do try and make it, I will be leaving likely closer to 4. What time do they tech till?

#23 ·
What does a guy need to run on a basically stock except cai and programmed jeep? I saw something on the site about a coolant catch can and possibly a helmet? What constitutes a coolant catch? I have seen guys use aluminum "drink" cans before... Sorry for the newb questions but I'm 100% in to coming down tomorrow from Hinton and wouldn't mind getting my ducks in a row. Thanks in advance!

#26 ·
The catch can isn't for coolant it's for oil. It's the vent off your crank case (PCV). Keeps your intake from getting all gummed up with oil. Highly recommended on these trucks. Mine seems to collect a fair bit and I know YYCSRT8 has had a similar experience. I got mine from billet tech, It's been great. Other than the catch can I would go to a 180-tstat if you have noticed your jeep running a little warm(most experience this) it really helps out. Keeps your operating temps much lower. Those are the two I would start with. :D.

#27 ·
Got the BT catch can enroute before the johan tune goes in. I understand the question about the coolant overflow now. Guess I just need a brain bucket to take the semi stock girl out then :). She aint a mod rod like most of you are runnin but she still makes quick work of ponycars around home. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

#28 ·
If anyone needs a helmet, I have an extra one I will bring. But it is a size 7 & 1/4 to
7 & 5/8.

#32 ·
We voted and you're no longer in the jeep club. That is all

#36 ·
not newfiebullets jeep, its his own . believe modern muscle did his build

i ran a best of a 11.734 @ 118.53mph just need to drop that damn 60 ft of mine

ran 1.855/1.908/1.862/1.869

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.