Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Edmonton owners, where's everybody at??

12K views 71 replies 23 participants last post by  roadboy 
#1 ·
Just curious where all the Edmonton gcsrt8 owners are? I just picked up my 2010 gcsrt8 and would like to shoot the shit with other local owners, maybe setup a meet or something. I see other ones around all the time, but no ones posted on here for a while. Whats the deal?

#3 ·
Nice, id like to check it out once its out of the shop if thats cool. Where are you getting the work done? I just picked up a black 2010 with 13000kms about a month and a half ago, im doing my research figuring out some mods for it. Im gonna start with the usual suspects, cai, maybe a predator and a catch can.

#6 ·
Just asking cause i tried to buy a black 2010 with around 13K on it in at a whole sale auction about 1.5 months ago. A dealer bought it for around 45K. Thought you might have got that one as I tried so hard to find a low KM 2010 :) not may low KM jeeps available in Canada.

Got a 2009 - now decking it out with a bunch of bolt-ons :D

#7 ·
I paid 46k, i looked around everywhere states included. I really couldnt find much better of a deal. Mine was lady driven, every option and with an extended warranty, plus they did 3 oil changes in 13kms it was a no brainer. Good luck with yours, have you figured out what your gonna get for the mods yet? I got an awesome mechanic in richmond if you need one.

#8 ·
Richmond .....I work in Richmond everyday and I need a good mechanic!!! I have just installed a Vortech supercharger, Eibach springs, Stage 6 rear adjustable shocks, Borla S exhaust, Black gloss FRP 22" rims with Perelli tires, Stop tech brake pads, etc....work in progress...:) have been planning this truck for awhile. Just got out of a heavily modified Subaru STI....it was fun, but missed the V8 SUV as I drove a TRailblazer SS with a ton of mods for 4 years before.

#9 ·
Pm me and i can send you his info. He works for richmond honda, hes worked on all my cars since about 2002. I had a modded out bb6 prelude he did a lot of work on, ive personally seen him work on some impressive shit, ie an eleanor recreation. He has a full set-up at his house, hoist etc. The best part, he's very reasonable.

#33 ·
I heard of a shop that works on Jeeps up there send me a pm and I will forward there name
If its just bolt ons save your money and do it yourself :thinkerg:
Pretty easy and then get Johan to tune

#11 ·
Only 2 other members responded to this? I'm in Edmonton as well, never really on here much, just cruise around the forum looking for info. I'd like to meet other gcsrt8 guys, but most of the guys I see driving srt jeeps seem to be considerably older than me. They all look at me like I'm just taking my parents truck for a joyride (I'm 25). I have 2006 black gc with a bwoody cai, and a diablo sport predator. Don't roll in it much as my summer toy (06 kawi zx6r) gets most of my play time. And I work out of town a lot. If you guys set up a meet, I could try to make that.

#15 ·
Ask Tim H Calgary about dale Adams. The work was good but as far as price the worked him over pretty good. Just make sure you get what you pay for.

#22 · (Edited)
Hey all. I bought mine in Dec, a 2010. I know a few guys from my 300 forum have Jeeps as well. The few GCSRT8s I have seen in Edmonton usually wave when I wave which I dig, but usually what happens is I am driving my work vehicle when I see fellow Jeep owners and they look at me with bewilderment as I wave at them from a city vehicle and they are like wtf is this fat guy waving at me for :(

I would be up for a meet as well. I'm really looking for someone local with Borla exhaust installed. I had Borlas on my mustang and my 300 and love the sound, but I heard from an exhaust shop that they replace more Borlas than anything. I am curious...

Anyway hopefully we get a few more guys on here and meet up sometime. Evenings during the week work best for me... :)

Dev

#23 · (Edited)
DO NOT GET A DYNO TUNE FROM DALE ADAMS. Firstly they don't do their own tunes. They will send out for an e-mail tune and middle man the ____ out of you. I was charged 600 odd bucks for a "tune". When I sent this tune to johan it turned out to be a canned tune from the predator. To D/A's credit the rest of the work has held up nicely but I do feel I was overcharged. I attached the invoice, note the stuff in Red.. I screamed at them and saved myself a few bucks. It should also be noted that this work took almost 7 days longer than quoted. I really felt there was some shadyness on their part.

Attachments

#26 ·
Definitely be fun to get some runs in at Castrol. Missing our strip bad. Maybe in August

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.