Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Extended Warranty on 2016

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ASLEEPER 
#1 ·
Hi guys...

I just bought a new 2016 SRT. Got a great deal on the run outs on 2016s but the dealer wants $5800 to take the 3/60K warranty to 5/100K with 13 oil changes. This seems crazy to me. Just wondering if people have gone for the extended and think its worth it? For me thats nearly 3K a year on extended.

Cheers!

#2 ·
Thats way to much. You can get those at a decent chrysler dealer for around $3500/4000 US dollars if you do some barging. I have found out in the last few yrs a lot of chrysler dealers sell the GMAC warranties because the chrysler warranties are way over priced. I always buy the 7/100,000 ( 0 ) deductible ones no matter what chrysler car i buy.

#3 · (Edited)
Hi guys...

I just bought a new 2016 SRT. Got a great deal on the run outs on 2016s but the dealer wants $5800 to take the 3/60K warranty to 5/100K with 13 oil changes. This seems crazy to me. Just wondering if people have gone for the extended and think its worth it? For me thats nearly 3K a year on extended.

Cheers!

I'm not sure if Jim realized you were in Canada. I don't believe we don't have the same options for extended warranty as U.S. vehicles. I think your only option is to request a quote from as many dealers as you can to check price. It doesn't really matter what dealership you purchase it from.

I Googled "FCA extended warranty Canada" and found the brochure. http://www.fcacanada.ca/owners/en/pdf/SVD252E_NV_brochure_LR.PDF The warranty they quoted you appears to be the best one although I'm not sure if they quoted you in/excluding year 6&7 extended powertrain. It looks to me your dealer is "throwing in" the oil changes if you buy from them.

Lastly and most importantly, how long after 3 years do you plan on keeping this vehicle?

I purchased it for my '09 and paid $3,400 which I think was too much. At the time, I didn't think to shop it. That said I used it & probably got my $ out of it. I still have the vehicle. Hope this helps!

Reactions: aussiehemi
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.