Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Edmonton Owners

24K views 176 replies 38 participants last post by  Karupt 
#1 ·
Hey, just wandering how many GCSRT8 owners from etown there are on here. I have drove up on a few trucks and only one guy gave me the thumbs up. Since I got mine I have noticed quite a few around town. I live on the North End and often see a few other Black Beasts.

#8 ·
Yes that's me in an 07 red rock. I live in the South West. There's a black one in the neighborhood too. I see a black one near my work near Whitemud/Gateway, must work in the area.

Don't get many street races, occational bmw 335I or XI. They are powerful from a roll but from a dead stop they go down easy. Race lots of SRT8 Chargers at Castrol, always beat them by a 10th or two.

Trying to get out to the track in the next Street Legal or two now that the weather is good. It should yield some better times then the mid summer heat. You guys should come out. The Jeep is one of the more praised vehicles at the track. :)

#6 ·
I live in St. Albert but my office is on the North Side. Black 08 Beast. I normally wave/thumbs/etc any Beast I see.

I've had a few races - mostly against BMWs whose owners think they're unbeatable. Always satisfying. Had a fun time with a guy in a Crossfire SRT6.

#7 ·
I got a few encounters in the city but it usually finishes with the other one behind in my rearview. I say our jeeps are almost unbeatable in the city. Stop light to stop light is our hood. Besides once it hits 2nd gear i let go and just smiled to the other guy when he passes by. Great kick for me.

#9 ·
IM out in St.Albert As well.
Ive had a few races, couple of porsche, a viper the other day (that was awesome) but nothing really to much yet. There is a few out here as well, red one i think a block away, and a couple of black ones ive seen lately.
:)
Nice to see a few local guys on here

---
Forgot to mention im a steel blue one, in north west st.albert (by Bellerose HS)

#10 ·
I live west of downtown in Edmonton. Have a silver '07 with 45,000km on it and an '07 steel blue with 56km - yes 56km in storage. Did all my street racing in the 60's, 70's and 80's - too cautious now! Wouldn't mind meeting a bunch of you sometime.

#12 ·
We should organize a meet one night. get to know each other... then maybe organize an e-town VS CowTown at the track one day.

It would be alot of fun.

(I was thinking of hitting the track this weekend if the snow holds off I just bought a predator, so id like to do some comparisons, Weekend of the 1st / 2nd)

#16 · (Edited)
We just moved from E-town to Stony Plain, but I still spend most of my time in the city. I recently acquired my 07' Steel Blue SRT

Cherokee w/ 12000 K and I just can't enough of it! All I want to do is drive it, and then drive it some more. And it's not like I'm not

used to that kind of power. I know my way around cars, motors and tuning. I also have a 1200 horsepower 9 second Mustang tucked

away in the garage for the winter.

But the SRT .. .. .. It's just an amazing vehicle to drive, I am so very impressed!

p.s

Oh yeah, not exactly sure why it matters .. .. .. But my wife is blond too !

#17 ·
My wife is also blond. I'm just sayin'.

#19 · (Edited)
I live in Ardrossan and have Black Cherokee...lowered, custom magnaflow exhaust with black chrome tip, K&N air intake, Predator Programmer, tail lights and head light angel eyes all blacked out...Highway 16 is my friend!!! 15 min of straight go...those Skyline guys seem to think they are fast, but I've had no trouble tearing them apart...All i know is that nothing beats us off the line...Only an SRT8 Charger gave me a good run...I'm with Poutine on this one...show them who's BOSS off the line then slow down and watch them admire your vehicle when they catch up.

P.S.
My better half is blond too...she drives it more than I do...(grrr)

#20 ·
I just moved to Stony Plain in the fall, and I just love the drive to the city.

I can't say it more, I just can't get enough of this machine. And I haven't even touched her yet.

15K on her, and she's still a virgin, but not for long. I'm talking to one or two people here on the

forum negotiating a few parts. I just hope I don't get raped on shipping & exchange.

I've run into a Hemi truck or two and man I tell ya, they just don't hold a candle to the Cherokee.

Actually nothing I have run up against since owning my SRT has even come close to keeping up.

I just heard the weather report for the weekend here in Edmonton:

-32c here in Edmonton @ 1:30 p.m. .. .. .. without the WINDCHILL Factor ! ! -39 with Windchill !

-42c overnight tonight PLUS Windchill !

-27c Tomorrow ( Saturday ), -36 with windchill !

-25c Sunday without windchill

MONDAY ? ? .. .. .. +2c

Welcome to Canada !

WELCOME TO CANADA !

#21 ·
Okay, I'm in on this **** too. Just bought my 07 Red Rock yesterday with 24,000km on it. Fawking love it. And WTF????? My wife will be driving it the most and she's fawking blonde too!!!!

Got a little toy stuffed in the garage also. 2000 Dakota R/T with a 408 stroker pushing 500HP.

#23 ·
M&g??????????

#25 ·
Why don't we do something in the next couple of weeks? Maybe at BP's on Fort Road on a thursday evening?

#26 ·
There are lot's of us in here that share your frozen problems. To make you feel better, there aren't any. Mod away, and join us on May 8th!
Oh ill be there... even if i gotta leave the wife to do it

Is the may 8th official? (as long as its not the may long weekend)
does anyone know anyone out there to make it an official day?

I would also do something before then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.